Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Watching My Stories.

Staying home from school sick when I was little meant setting up camp on the couch and watching tv. Nothing has changed! I stayed in bed until 9:30 (which is late for me! It felt like noon!) then moved to the couch for a quality daytime tv session. When I was little I would watch some Matlock or some classic shows like Happy Days... but mostly I watched the soaps! My favorite was General Hospital, but All My children was a close second (I also had a summer of being obsessed with Days of our Lives). Today I learned (while watching The View) that All My Kids is being cancelled! Sure I haven't regularly watched daytime tv since High School.... but I'm still sort of devastated! I really enjoy the fact that I can click on every few years and know pretty much exactly what is going on and who all the characters are!

I wish this was the sort of sickness where I lose my appetite... No such luck.

The Sun was out for a minute! It would have been a long day inside if it were sunny all day long.
Trying to eat well balanced meals... lots of vitamins and healthy fats.
Tuna salad, Spinach mix, and whole wheat bread.
Avocado makes a pretty great spread on bread!
I wanted a cookie and got granola.
I'm going to be gone all weekend so I'm trying to use up all my veggies!
I think I might fail.

Cayenne Coated Cauliflower with Spicy Tofu
1 head of Cauliflower cut into florets
1 1/2 C Defrosted peas
Several sprays of Olive Oil (from a misto)
pinch of salt & pepper
1/4 t Cayenne powder (or to taste)
1 T minced garlic

Coat the Cauliflower and with rest of the mix.
Spread on cookie sheet leave room for tofu.

For the Tofu:
1/2 Block of tofu pressed of water.
1/8 C Soy sauce
1T ketchup
1t apple cider vinegar
Pepper

Soak Extra Firm Tofu in mix for about 5 minutes.

Spray a spot for tofu on cookie sheet

Bake for about 30 minutes
Makes a great side dish, or a salad topper!
Granola is better than ice cream right?!
Something about not feeling well makes me love rich comforting food.
I'm finally reading 'The Help.' It has been on my shelf for far too long! The movie is coming out and I must read it before then! Exciting weekend ahead of me (Must feel 100%)! Tomorrow after work I leave for Seattle! Shopping, Movies, Tasty Food, Girl Talk, Musicals, Hiking....Oh My! Not sure I'll be blogging again until Sunday!

Also... 25 days until my race! I had to reschedule my PT appointment for today.... eeeeekk Terrible time to get sick and snacky! I need a good run to keep myself confident!

1 comment:

  1. At least you have a RAD book to keep you company while you're under the weather. I would love to see that movie with you! Bummer. It looks really good.

    Yay for avocados!

    ReplyDelete