Sunday, May 22, 2011

Picture It.

Post race I feel pretty good. My calves are a little sore today. I have a feeling this is because I ran a lot harder during the race then I do during training. So today I hopped on the exercise bike just to get my legs moving and my muscles freed up a bit. I started a new book (I'm nooking the new Sookie Stackhouse!) and ten miles flew by! Granted they were a really comfortable pace, but felt better than sitting on my couch reading.

This all leads me to looking back at my goals. Recently I've been TERRIBLE at the eating well. I will say that I eat healthy. I make good food choices for the most part (nobody is perfect) but I've been out of control with portions and frequency. When I should be loosing weight from training I've been gaining (and not muscle). And right now there is nothing more important than how I'm fueling my body. So be prepared for long posts with lots and lots of photos! I'm going back to my shutterbug ways and taking shots of every single thing I eat. I need to be more aware and accountable.

I've also discovered that there are certain foods I can not have in my house so they are going in the do not buy list. They include: cereal, chips, frozen desserts, chocolate, and dried fruit. I don't know when to say no. I'm also putting myself on a baking freeze until after the race. Oh! and no alcohol until then as well. I need to focus on getting a ton of water, protein, and good carbs.

I think I need a mantra for this... I'm thinking something along the lines of, "My body is too good for that sugary junk!" that may be too long for a mantra.... maybe, "How's that gonna make me feel at mile 10?" Also too long, how about...

"I can do better."

I like it.

Also pertains to other parts of life. And if I feel like expanding it into a longer one... "I can do better, because I deserve better."

How about a garden update?! I was finally able to plant front porch flower pots!
I can't wait for them to all bloom!
Look at how much room I left for them to grow!
This is so unlike me, usually I pack them all in as tight as possible!
I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment