Monday, May 9, 2011

Mom's Day.

"Sometimes life is hard. That's when its good to have a mom." -Ten year old 

That's the quote that was on the front of the card I gave my Mom yesterday. I told her that is an understatement. Its always good to have a Mom! Especially one as great and wonderful as my mom is! She is ALWAYS there for me. As someone to talk to, catch my tears, and just hangout with. I'm so happy that we have such a close relationship!

So yesterday I celebrated the best Mom in the whole world!
As is tradition: I headed on over to my parent's house to make her some breakfast in bed!
I always decimate any kitchen I cook in.
Ever since I was little I've used this book as a reference for French Toast.
Even though I have the recipe memorized, its a little bit nostalgia
(and maybe a little bit.... don't forget the vanilla again!)
Sorghum Sandwich bread from the Gluten Free Bakery!
Caramelized bananas and berries!
Ready for delivery!
Mom said the breakfasts have improved tremendously from when I was little!
I drizzled some sunflower seed butter on top!
Yum! Such a different nutty taste.
After breakfast we headed to Port Gamble to walk around the shops.
Sort of amazing that we never go down there since it is literally 10 minutes away.
Such a cute little town!
Such a great Mother-Daughter Day!
This is where I'm going to have my next birthday party!
They do Murder Mystery Tea Parties!
If the weather would just start looking up... I would have to say we lived in the best place in the world.
Larabars aren't my favorite, but I like how simple the ingredients are.
Dates, Peanuts and salt.
Dad Met us @ Pho for lunch!
I don't know why I never thought to bring my Mom here before, she loves chinese food so of course she would like Vietnamese food! 
Delicious bottle of Chianti. 
After all that noodle soup I wasn't too hungry, but this
Roasted peacan, pear and beet salad was tasty!
We ate at Sogno Di Vigno and the service was actually good for a change.
Carly's Mother Day picture :)
Kids and Mom! Missing my oldest brother!
Grandma and Callen!
How about some cute family shots?!


So cute!
After letting my food settle, I ran on the treadmill for 6.5 miles!!!! I'm back to my pre-injury milage I think! It felt good, but I can't really imagine that being my halfway mark... yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment