Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sweet Pea.

I've had a non-stop busy day!
What makes it worse is that I stayed up waaaaayyy too late reading last night!
I haven't done that in forever and I've really missed feeling that engrossed in a book!
I hope my next pick is as captivating.

I love the basil you can buy at the grocery store that is still alive,
It keeps so much longer than the refrigerated stuff.
It also looks pretty on my windowsill.
Along with the sweet peas I bought at the farmer's market yesterday.
Little bouquets of simple flowers are much more my style that anything intricate.
Love the mix of colors. 
Today I almost caved and ate gluten.
(I know, I know, its been less than a week!)
I hate missing out on things, especially things I know I would love, like fresh made crepes!
Poulsbo has a new crape shop in town!
It is right next to the Poulsbohemian coffeehouse.
I went after work with my friend Hayley.
I was debating back and forth in my head about getting one even though I knew they were wheat packed.
But I asked the lady a couple questions and found out that she has been testing out gluten free batter!
So she tested it out on me!
Pretty darn good.
I'm pretty sure it is a snap to make.
She said she used Bob's Red Mill pancake mix.
Simple substitution.
My toppings were simple for a dessert crepe:
Nutella (hazelnut butter, hooray! I ignore the fact that it has milk in it)
Stawberries and banana!
Yumm-o!
Hayley liked her Gluten one too.
I like how many restaurants are making an attempt to offer gluten free alternatives.

I'm exhausted! Off to bed I go.... early morning tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment