Saturday, May 7, 2011

Seeing things in 2D.

I love Saturdays... They mean Farmer's Market! I took mental pictures all afternoon because I lent my point and shoot to Carly for the day and left my big honkin' camera at home. I didn't really need anything at the market today, but had a great time walking around with my Mom and life-long friend Ashley. It sort of reminded me of when we were little and my Mom would take us with her shopping. 

Today the was the market's 4th annual wellness festival. It had booths from local wellness centers, and information booths. One of the booths was dedicated to Gluten Free info. We picked up some free samples and pamphlets. Then walked on over to my Mom's favorite tent... The Gluten Free Bakery! (I'll admit I like it an awful lot too! They have vegan cookies!) They were out of the millet english muffins we went for so our next stop was to their actual bakery and store just up the street. They have a mini market with some great options for gluten free and whole food eating. I picked up some pretzels and palm sugar... I have a recipe in mind! I guess they hope to one day add a cafe to the bakery. I have a feeling they would serve great food, but the location of the bakery is pretty terrible.
Vegan and Gluten Free mini pizza!  
After the Bakery we went to lunch at a newer mexican restaurant in town.
The lady thought I was crazy when I ordered a quesadilla with no cheese...
To be fair though it had spinach, beans and pico de gallo and guac on the side.
Usually Mexican food makes me feel too full, but this made for a perfect light lunch.
I'm liking this no cheese thing.

After lunch we went up to a plant sale up the street from my house.
It turns out the Clear Creek Nursery is going to be turning a vacant lot into an extension of their nursery.
The new area is also going to feature fresh fruits and vegetable from the eastern side of the state!
This is within walking distance from my house!
Fresh and local! Love it!
Girls night with Katy!
She came over for dinner and I made my favorite soup!
Yummy Squash and White Bean.
After dinner we went and saw THOR (I felt like I had to capitalize all those letters).
We saw it in 3D.
In my personal opinion... 3D is overrated.
The movie was great though.
I love me some superhero action.
My Mom was right... the guy who plays Thor... is "hot" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment