Thursday, May 19, 2011

Colors of the Wind.

Also a Disney reference...

The Sun is out! It feels warm! Hello sunshine! I've missed you, please don't ever leave me again!

I've been busy soaking up as much time as possible in the rays.

17 days until my 1/2 Marathon. Yesterday I found a description of the course, it sounds a lot hillier than I thought. That makes me nervous. I haven't been running very many hills. So this morning I got up and went for a fairly hilly 4 miler.

I've been trying to pay more attention to how I fuel my workouts and how I recover. My friend Nicole sent me a link to an awesome blog about being a vegetarian runner called No Meat Athlete. There are a lot of great posts on nutrition. So before my run I ate a date dipped in almond butter and two glasses of water. I felt pretty good during the run, but a little shaky. I think I need a little more of something before my runs. Post run:
Protein!! 2 eggs with a smidge of toast and a smoothie.
This smoothie was little but powerful!
1 tiny banana
1 Tbs Chia seeds
1Tbs peanut butter
sprinkle of frozen fruit.
It kept me full for hours!
Lunch was very simple but tasty.
Pita with black beans, salsa, green onions and vegan cheese.
I'm not so sure of the vegan cheese yet...
Last night it was warm enough to do some good old fashion barbecuing and eat out on the deck!
Boca Chicken burgers are sooo delicious.
 I think I need to set some time for me to just sit around my house more often. I realized recently that I am almost never here except to sleep, shower and eat. It became really obvious when my new neighbor of two weeks saw me yesterday and said, "You're never home! You must work A lot." Now I'm self conscious of how much I'm not home and how often I come and go! But really I do think I need to set a goal for this next week to make it a point to slow down a bit more, get more sleep, clean my house, rest and relax.... because this summer is going to be crazy busy!

I finished 'The Help" last night. I LOVED IT! I need to decide what is next... I think I'll wait a few days for this book to settle. That is something I didn't have the luxury of doing when I was attempting my 100 book challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I also LOVED The Help!
    And I am also known to eat banana\peanut butter(chocolate)! smoothies after working out. Or when I crave them. ;)

    ReplyDelete