Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Little Support Please!

It turns out that is all a girl really needs. When it comes to most things in life... but especially when it comes to running!

Today I tested out my new insoles. I was more than nervous. Seems like before every run nowadays I get a bit jittery. My biggest worry is pain, what if I get far away from my house and it hurts so much I can't run anymore? The next biggest thing that makes me nervous is the feeling of defeat I get when I'm unable to run as far as I would like. So today when I tested out my new insoles I went the safe route and ran the treadmill. The first half mile or so was a little touch and go, but once I loosened up I felt pretty darn good! I may have blisters on my arches from where they rub on their new supports, but totally worth it! My legs felt good! I ran 5.25 miles, which is the longest I've run since being injured. It was slow... I mean slow as molasses on a winters day slow.... 11 minute miles, but they were steady. I would be happy to run 12 minute miles if it meant completing 13.1 miles on June 5th. I needed this run, I feel light and full of energy and happiness! Hoping that tomorrow I wake up without pain!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I celebrated with a salad and Spanish class! Anything that includes avocado, salsa, fake chicken, corn and tortillas means Mexican to me! I wish I had had a Corona (I'm not as much fun as I was in college)!

No comments:

Post a Comment