Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brocguac.

It feels weird to be blogging in the morning... I am working the late shift today so I took that opportunity to stay up late and watch a movie. Ok I was home by 10:30, but when you wake up everyday at 5 that is late. I went over to my brother's and we watched the first 'Lord of the Rings'. I hadn't see that movie in forever, I forgot how much I liked it... and also how ridiculous it sort of is! Speaking of movies that were made from books, a few are coming out soon. This weekend is 'Water for Elephants' and in a few weeks 'Something Borrowed' (read this a few years back but I like Emily Giffin's writing). I really liked both of these books, so my feelings are a bit mixed between being excited and hesitant. (Noticed how I linked back to my reviews of the books? Well my brilliant cousin Rebecca gave me the idea to have my book list do that instead of linking to Amazon. Such a great idea! And someday it will happen!)

I ran yesterday for almost 3 miles on the treadmill. It was after dinner so I felt very sluggish. But I felt good after my run. That is one thing I've learned, I never feel worse after a run (everything but my shins and calves that is!) It always energizes me. 

Everybody in my life is now getting used to me taking random photos. I have really excelled with my resolution to to take more photos! Maybe they aren't always of people, but the more photos I take the more I learn about photography!

Today I never once felt STARVING. I am starting to be more mindful of the snacks I'm choosing... I think sugar really affects me, even natural fruit sugar.


Blueberry blended oats with kamut on top!
I love this puffed cereal!
It is super cheap and you can add it to lots of stuff.
It has a really nutty flavor that is great by itself or with milk.
Find it in the cereal aisle next to the bagged cereal
It isn't sweetened at all so you might have to add some.

BROCGRUAC
You read that right! Broccoli guacamole my friends!
It is amazing and delicious and soooo yummy and super easy to make!
Into the food processor goes:
1 1/2 C Steamed and cooled broccoli flowerets
1/2 ripe avocado
1/4 C cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper
Dabs of hot sauce of your choice
Blend away until smooth!
Then add the rest of the avocado and pulse so there are some chunks
and the optional ingredients.
I like to add corn and sometimes some greek yogurt.
Red pepper flakes would add some heat (my brother said it was too mild for him).
Enjoy as a dip or on top of some tacos like I did!
Look at all those veggies!
The broccoli makes this a much lighter guac and makes it a bit healthier too!
Best if eaten the same day, the next day it isn't as fresh tasting.
Look at this spread!
All gluten free and vegan... minus the cheese of course but I could have done without cause that broc guac is amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment