Sunday, April 10, 2011

Test Run.

Today was a busy one! So much goodness jam packed into my Saturday! 


I ran today! Not far... but that was because I didn't want to push it, but I feel like it was pretty darn successful! I wasn't in severe pain at any point. When I decided I needed to stop running and talk to a dr. it was never because of the shin splints. They hurt too, but the pain in my calf was what made it impossible to continue. My PT cleared me for a light run this weekend with the strict instruction to stop if it hurt, I was kind of nervous so I probably only did about a mile. I could feel my shins some but the pain in my calves was more of a hum rather than a blaring pain (barely noticeable). I found that two weeks off of running put a wrench in my stamina, I'm going to have to work really hard to get back on pace. For now I'm just enjoying the fact that I ran at all! I might try a another mini run tomorrow to see how that feels.


The best way for me to talk about food and my day is gonna be through pictures!
I'm a big fan of eating immediately after I wake up...
I'm also a big fan of silly kitchen utensils like grapefruit spoons!
Kodiak Cake Waffles! With mashed bananas!
I've started skipping the maple syrup, the bananas seem to be sweet enough!
She knows the drill now, pose! :)
After a filling breakfast I made Ashley walk all over town to the farmer's market! 
Hooray for opening day!
The market was twice as big as last year!
I had mentioned that the beginning of the season of the market seems to always be sparse, but I think that was when all I was interested in were flowers and veggies.
There were so many plant starts and other fun booths!
It is Spring. Really it is. It just didn't feel like it today! brrrrr
"Stand over there and look preggers, I'm gonna take your picture!"
Every week she forwards me an update on her pregnancy.
This week it said the baby is about the size of an ear of corn!
Look who we found!
Look at how stinkin' cute that kid is!
When did he get so big!
Slow down!!
Cute Family alert!
Back home for lunch!
Baked sprouted tofu. I need to do some research and see what all this sprouting business is about.
There is spinach under there somewhere!
Bowl of apples!
I think I may be addicted to fruit...
My bounty!
Strawberry, rosemary and lavender starts!
Then I headed over to Seattle with my friend James to visit Katy and have a game night!
We couldn't decide what we wanted for dinner so I decided we should have french toast!
For some reason I started craving it right after the waffles this morning.
Gosh I'm a healthy eater today...
 
Time for some Settlers of Catan!
If you don't know this game you should change that.
So much fun!
Especially when you win ;)
Game #2 was a special delivery from Lisa for my birthday!
Whatchamadrawit!
"As much fun to play as it is to say!"
Really tested my drawing capabilities on this one...
"Draw an animal with a chicken head, pineapple body and duck feet...."
Such a good day! Fun, Friends, and Food Filled! I'm exhausted and it is WAAAAAYYYYY past my bedtime! And.... I still haven't folded that laundry... Big day tomorrow! It's my Mamma's Birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. YES! You got to try out the game! Hilarious. I am looking forward to playing with you. I am not sure if it can top Apples to Apples gloriousness but we can see. :)

    And Ash is so pregnant! Adorable! I seriously can't believe there will soon be a baby?! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have an insane craving for french toast now!

    ReplyDelete