Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Snow Day.

No, it didn't really snow, it was actually a really amazing day, but I still got a snow day! Remember back in elementary school when you woke up and got the news that school was cancelled and you could go back to sleep? Well I woke up at 4:55 to a text from my boss saying they had to close down the shop today. They were there late last night trying to fix the espresso machine when apparently something inside of it was creating way too much pressure. Since they couldn't keep the machine on and they had to wait until this morning for the espresso man to come and fix it, no decent coffee for the townspeople today! They were also fixing a sagging floor that also turned into a much bigger job than originally expected. So I get an unexpected day off from work! Part of me is celebrating while the other part of me is thinking, "crap now I don't get paid!" But I got a full 8 hrs of sleep and a relaxing morning, so mostly I'm celebrating.
See even this guy had his shades out!
I went to the grocery store hungry today.... BIG mistake. My fridge is now full to the brim! That's a good thing though, because one of my goals for the week includes food...


Goal 1. Cook dinner every night.
Goal 2. Do something active every day.
Goal 3. Talk less and listen more. (ha! this is going to be a rough one)
Goal 4. Walk to do errands.
Goal 5. Drink more water


I had overnight oats all ready for me, but I wanted something warm so I made almond butter toast! yummy!
Lunch was also all ready for me!
Spinach salad with a bunch of veggies on top and a hunk of delicious bread!
The bread is from the
Essential Baking Company.
It's local and I've loved every type I've tried so far!
My purchases from Sunday's antiqueing trip and a few jars my mom gave me.
All of the teal tinted ones had been my Grandma's she was a really neat lady who did a little bit of everything and loved to cook!
I love old mason jars. 
Check out how unique each of the tops were.
Making use of one as a vase for my living basil.
I can't wait to have basil growing in my garden!

Our supervisor as we started our first planting in the raised beds at Carly's!
Lots of work to be done!


Half the garden is now in place!
Arugula, carrots, lettuce, green & red onions and kale!
Speaking of kale...
I used a bunch of it in our dinner tonight!
We worked up quite the appetite for Kale Lasagna!
Really good and I'll share the recipe soon!
Awww... shucks!

2 comments:

  1. I think I have been Norwayicised because I think it's insane that you don't get paid for a day that you were scheduled to work and subsequently cannot work because of the store being closed down. Some things are really different here.

    I am also making goal 3 for myself this week (maybe this year!). But don't tell anyone.

    And it looks like it's sunny around your parts. YAY. Ouch, I just got slapped in the face with a twang of homesickness and missing you. OUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think it is insane! In a perfect world... wait, Norway sounds like a perfect world :) Actually I think it is Finland where you get 7 yrs off work after you've had a baby. That sounds like a perfect world... I just want a more perfect world. Somewhere that has health insurance for everyone and paid vacation! Is that too much for a girl to ask?!

    And I miss you too! I'm glad you've been commenting, makes me feel like we talk everyday!

    ReplyDelete