Monday, April 18, 2011

Experimental Cook.

I had a great start on two of my four week-goals. 


I woke up 20 minutes early and did my yoga video! This one is called 'Natural Journey's Yoga Makeover-Flat Abs.' I like this more than the last video because it wasn't based on meditation, it was based on breathing and pose holding. I have to do this video in the morning because it recommends you have an empty stomach (there are a lot of abdominal twists) and that is the only time during the day where my stomach is actually empty! This was a great way to start the day, but I think running in the morning energizes me more. 


I also made sure to get 7.5 hours of sleep! I felt so much better today than I have been the last few days. I need to remember that those last few pages in the book are not worth feeling like crap for the entire next day!


After work I went to the Physical Therapist. The pain in my legs has been a little bit different lately, I have very little to no pain in the back of my calves, but pain along the tendon they have been working on. I'm also bruised all to hell from the treatment! Deep muscle bruises are the worst. I started my training up again today.... with a rest day! I'm jumping into week three with a 30 min run at a 10 mph pace, hope the weather holds up!


Have I ever mentioned that fact that I don't have a dishwasher?! Have you noticed that I cook a lot? All these dishes are killing me! It was quite the day for food...


Big ol' bowl of pumpkin oats!
I made a 1/2 C portion today and didn't get super hungry until lunch.
Protein packed open faced sandwich!
Baked tofu, and egg. I'm gonna miss eggs....


Experimental cookie
2/3 C Almond Coconut butter
2/3 C Quick Oats
1 tsp Brown Rice syrup
2 Tbs Apple Sauce
1/4 tsp almond extract
handful of whole almonds

Mix everything in the food processor. Spoon out balls, squish with fork and freeze. 
Dinner.... with Sauteed Broccoli Rabe on the side, I like the texture more than regular broccoli.
Potato-Spinach Casserole
1 small onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
Salt/Pepper to taste
Pinch smoked paprika
3 medium sized red potatoes sliced
2 leeks chopped
Spinach
1/4 C shredded cheese
2/3 C Vegetable Broth

Preheat oven 375
Line 8x8 baking pan with non stick
Spray skillet with non stick spray, heat onion, leeks and garlic add salt, pepper, paprika until soft. 
Slice potatoes extremely thing (I used a mandolin)line baking pan with a layer of potatoes, then half the onion mix, then a layer of spinach (I used fresh but you could use frozen if you defrosted and dried) then the cheese then the rest of the onion mix followed by a layer of potatoes. Squish down with a spatula. Pour vegetable broth over top.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Finish baking for 5-10 minutes uncovered to brown potatoes.

Experimental Banana Peanut Butter Bread
2 Supremely ripe bananas
1/3 C Peanut butter
2 tsp flax seed
2 eggs
1/3 C agave syrup
1 1/2 C flour
1/3 C apple sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

I added everything into the food processor and blended away. Pour into a well oiled/floured pan. I was really nervous about this one! Mostly because it was a mishmash of ingredients and I just threw everything together. The taste was really mild not very sweet, but pretty good. 

It froze last night. It is so cold for April! Give me sunshine and heat stat! My Garden needs it too! I set out my pots today so that I can start making my plan for the garden at my house! There will be some veggies, but a lot of flowers. This was my front porch last year:
I tend to overfill my pots, I like the wild cottage garden feel! 
Gnomey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment