Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Less Caffeine.

I didn't drink a drop of coffee today. Not one. I'm trying to become less dependent on caffeine. Right now I'm basically a cranky little demon without my morning cup. I'm planning on just lowering my intake. Lowering my morning amount from 2 cups (half a pot all before 6 am) to just 1 cup. Today I felt was a good day to stick with tea and for the most part I didn't feel the need for caffeine (until 4 pm) and now I feel very naturally tired. I'm still drinking mint green tea throughout the day which like pretty much all green tea isn't decaf.

I had a very lovely morning! Sometimes it is so nice to go into work late! I woke up to the sun and a delicious bowl of oats! Oats made on the stove are my favorite, I wish I had the time every morning to make them!

After breakfast I contemplated a run. The sun was out and I felt good and I had just enough time to fit in my scheduled training run before my PT appointment. It felt great to be running outside! It had been far too long since I had experienced a run outside that actually felt good; good weather, good energy, and only a little bit of leg pain. Only 2 miles... but I'm working my way back up!

I had a great PT appointment. I'm now working with Mike, who went to school in Bellingham! It is fun to reminisce about Bham.... mostly the food. He showed me a lot about my arches today. He showed me where my ankle should be when I plant my foot as opposed to where it actually is. He also showed me the wear on my running shoes. It was interesting to see how different the two feet are. Lots of work on my arches today.

Today was the perfect day to walk to work! I'm still trying to do this more... at least one day a week. I live close enough that I should do it everyday, but the weather has been so terrible and I usually have to rush somewhere right after work so I don't.

Today's food was a remix of yesterday.... except the oats. I had tacos for lunch... Just a little bit of brocguac left! And a Mediterraneanish mixed salad for dinner (chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and feta on top of spinach). I talked to my Dad today right after he had tried a slice of the Peanut Butter Banana Bread and he said it was pretty good but we both agreed that chunks of actual peanuts inside instead of the flax seed would be amazing... also, chocolate chips?!

I was really inspired by the sun and this bowl of oats....


So fluffy and delicious!
Bigelow Earl Grey is my second favorite source of caffeine. 




I'm getting sort of sick of the book I'm reading.... Way too much fact, I think I may be into a fiction faze once again.

Overnight oats in an almond butter jar and waiting for me! I think I better hit the hay and get a ton of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment