Thursday, April 28, 2011

Drafted.

Today was the NFL draft. Usually I'm not all that excited about the draft, I dedicate all of Fall and Winter being obsessed with football, so throwing April in there as well is a bit much to ask. But this year, I was invited to a draft party. There was beer, chips, dip and also some gambling. Three of the people there put in $10 dollars and created our own mock draft. You won if you had the most correct picks. I'm pretty sure that they invited me to play because they thought I was easy money.... Well the jokes on you guys! I won! $20 more in my pocket! 

Its those little things that make you happy!

Good news! Soy yogurt and soy milk taste amazing  in overnight oats!
It has a much sweeter taste than greek yogurt.
As for my slow detox....

The biggest thing I've noticed in the past three days without dairy is that I'm not congested at all. I had been really sniffly the past few weeks. Since February I'd also been eating more dairy than I ever had before in my life. In the form of Greek Yogurt and NF milk. I had read that these are great things for runners to consume, but I think the congestion is one of the effects of having dairy.

I can't wait for the lack of caffeine to stop bothering me! Each day is better and for the most part I haven't had any headaches, but I am oh so sleepy and maybe a little grumpy and maybe just a little irritable... Don't mess with me for like another week!

No sweets is so hard when there are sweet things in my house! I think I'll start that on Monday!!! Baby steps here...

1 comment:

  1. I remember if I was getting a cold or getting over one Elaine always forbade me to drink milk or dairy products. There is obviously a direct connection to phlegm and nastiness, especially if mom says so! ;)

    ReplyDelete