Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise.

If your paradise is chili and rainy (even a little snowy?!).... I'm a little nervous for our little seedlings! When we planted on Tuesday it really felt like Spring was springing! Today, not so much. The rain literally woke me up several times last night, and lets not even talk about the wind! I guess this is the life of a gardener? Constantly worried? I can't even imagine what it would be like to have kids!

Today started out as a pretty blah day. Work was ridiculously slow and I'm sore from all the squats and planks I did yesterday. BUT! Tonight was my first day of Spanish class! I was kinda nervous... it has been a while since I've been in a classroom setting... AND it is in my old high school.... even weirder? Yeah it was especially weird because they have completely redone my high school since I went there. It is all brand new and fresh, I have to admit I'm pretty jealous. It reminds me of a television HS, 'Saved by the Bell' perhaps? I am a little overwhelmed with the idea of learning a language. Especially because this is a conversational class, which I think means more learning through doing rather than learning from reading. I'm a reader. I like to see the words to associate meaning. We'll see how it goes. If you have ever seen the show "Community" it gives you an idea of the wide variety of people enrolled in the class. I'm excited to learn, and also that my friend Ryan decided to sign up with me. Cervezas after class anyone?!

Well learning a foreign language isn't on my life's list, but the other day I took a look at my bucket list and realized that I had better start working towards some of those goals!  Carly and I have been talking about testing out going vegan, which is one of the goals I had forgotten I wanted to do. I was thinking about going for a week but apparently I had a month in mind before. So as soon as all my eggs and milk are gone, I'm gonna start. (AFTER EASTER because I'm going to binge on my work's newest ice cream flavor: 'chocolate peanut butter!') I already don't eat red meat, chicken, and pork, I enjoy tofu and other veggie staples so I'm thinking this wont be too hard for me. I also make most of my food from scratch nowadays so that will also help out. Still a life adjustment.

Have you ever heard of an elimination diet? It is where you cut out foods that give a lot of people trouble; like meat, dairy, soy, gluten, and sugar. Then you slowly start adding them back in one at a time to see how your body reacts to them. Follow this link to see one bloggers journey: Detox.

In other updates I'd say I'm still pretty much on track with my 2011 resolutions, all but the reading one (story of my life!) I think I'm borderline failing in the reading with meaning goal. Maybe I can count recipes and blogs as meaningful reads? I think the 'eating clean' goal has been my most successful....

Yummy oats, I went with a 1/4 C instead of my usual 1/3 C.
I think it made it feel more like a snack and I was ready to eat by 7:30...
Snacked on an apple...
Then hummus and carrots....
And I was still hungry at 11:30 for lunch!
Mini repeat of last night's roasted veggies and tofu.
I found all the garlic cloves today!
Sorry customers!
It was such a rainy miserable day!
Calls for comfort food!
Essential sourdough with peanut butter,  mashed bananas, and coconut on top and broiled.
This is my new obsession.
Cooking it all in the toaster oven makes the flavors meld soooo well! yummy!
Mint tea on the side!
I failed to make any dinner tonight...
Instead I snacked and indulged in some Carly made apple spice muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment