Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blended oats.

I was dragging pretty much all day. The kind of tired that makes it hard to concentrate. Luckily I had a short day at work. I'm starting to connect when I eat really big meals like big family dinners that end in cake or apple pie (I love birthdays!) with being more sluggish and grumpy the next day. I'm so glad today was Saturday... That means farmers market day! Carly, Callen, Mom, and I explored. It was so cold though that I couldn't inspire myself to buy any more starts, even though I need to pick out my herbs and possibly a tomato plant. I figure I can pick them up next week when we go to pick up our new potting tables! These things are seriously cool!
You can't really tell from my secret agent photo, but the table is the wood stained one on the right. The legs fold up into the table and you can use that handle to carry it! So neat!

You know what I love about a small town? That in the course of the day I:
1: Walked past my cousins and aunt getting their nails done at a local salon.
2: Saw a different aunt and uncle and their two kids at the Farmer's market.
3: Saw my best friend and her mom downtown. 
4: Then had my cousin and aunt join us spontaneously for lunch!

I got a good portion of my book read while on the stationary bike! I love that multitasking! I never feel like I get an incredible work out, but feel better than sitting on the couch reading! Then I did a mini run. Felt some pain today so I'm still taking it easy. But Monday I have big plans to start up my training again! Did I mention Mondays are rest days?! :)
Breakfast was AMAZING!
You know how much I love overnight oats?
Well this is overnight oats on crack.
Put everything in the blender the night before...
Blender Oats:
1/3 C oats
1/3 C milk
2 T Kefir
1 tsp Chia
half banana
Strawberries
In the morning add another 1/3 C milk and blend into a smoothie heaven!
The oats make it so thick and delicious!
Like dough!
I topped it with a handful of puffed kamut and PB
Yummers!
Callen's 1st high five.
This kid is hilarious.
He even cracks himself up!
Lunch was spectacular and amazing!
No way it was good for me!
I can't remember what they call this, but it was under the panini section.
That isn't a tortilla... no sir, that is pizza dough!
Are you imagining the heaven I was in now?!
The inside was roasted veggies and pesto garlic bliss.
I literally couldn't stop eating it.
I tried to stop at half, but it was too amazing.
Too bad the service at Sogno De Vino is so terrible!
Sometimes you just have to have cereal for dinner!
All natural and amazing!
Possibly a new obsession.

I'm off to go get lost in a book... and maybe get more than 6 hrs of sleep tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Is the service there so bad? I've never eaten there! Maybe we should try it out next time I'm in town...or not...

    ReplyDelete