Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday.

Today was gorgeous. Of course when I woke up it was still 30 degrees and all sorts of frosty, but the mountains were out and I knew it was going to be a fabulous day. After I (finally!) got off of work I went home did a quick change and walked to my physical therapy appointment. I had to be outside as much as possible while the sun was still out! I was careful to take it easy on my legs, but still warmed up enough to walk in a t-shirt! 


Today's appointment was similar to wednesday-massage-ultrasound-exercises-stretches. I like the girl I'm working with, she is a hoot (and totally reminds me of my friend Lisa! Miss you!). My legs were kind of sore after this appointment, but I still walked all over town to do my errands and get a bit of exercise! Did I mention the sun was out?! And it was freaking gorgeous?! Such a good walk day. I'm walking more for a couple of reasons 1. Gas Prices 2. Its good for me 3. Rubber necking opportunities. I really like to take in my surrounds and check out houses and gardens and parts of my town that I miss when I'm zooming by in my car or puttering by when running. 


The best part about today's appointment was that I got the clear to do a light run this weekend! I haven't ran in two weeks! I'm so nervous/excited! Hoping for little to no pain... But we shall see, two appointments probably wont equal a miracle, but a girl can dream! 


I took one photo today... I'm kind of slacking on the food journal thing here! I'm too lazy and tired to upload and edit it for you. I'm trying to pay really close attention to the foods that fill me up for longer periods of time... mostly that seems to be nothing! I'm never really 'full' ever and could pretty much keep throwing food at my belly all day long! Hence my snacking problem. I'm going to experiment this week with bigger meals vs. small snacks. Maybe it is all mental? (ha!)


Big day tomorrow.... 
The Farmer's Market opens! Hooray! It is usually pretty sparse the first couple of weeks but I'm still excited to check it out! I already am pretty stocked on veggies right now (trying out new leek, collard greens, kale, and broccoli rabe recipes this week!) But should be good to walk around!


I'm so excited to wake up tomorrow! But maybe ever more excited for my head to hit my pillow! Why did I stack all of my laundry to be folded on my bed...uggghhh cause I know thats the only way to get me to do it! 

1 comment:

  1. So I'm a hoot eh? Good to know. ;)

    I am so with you on the walking--I have learned so much about Hamar because I don't rely on a car.

    ReplyDelete