Friday, April 1, 2011

Did You Hear?! The Space Needle Fell Over This Morning!!

April Fools!


Usually I remember too late that it is April Fools day. Luckily no one played any tricks on me!


Today was a quick one and sort of random! Filled mostly with work. 7:30-4 is too much of the daylight to be stuck inside! I also slacked off on 1. Taking photos and 2. Any form of exercise. The later because I'm sore! From either the crunches I did yesterday or the intense breathing yoga... possibly a mix of both.
Blueberry Oats in Watermelon inspired bowl!
It was nice to have a later start to work.
In a perfect world I would start at 8 and work till 3 but get paid for 8 hours.... 
Lunch!
Dinner was spent at my good friend Ashley's house. She made tacos! Yum! She is such a good friend (or I am just a pain in the butt!) she bought whole wheat tortillas for me! No processed junk! :)


I was able to see all of the updates and remodeling they have been doing to their home. Her husband is super handy but he better hurry up cause they are going to have a baby around in less than 5 months!


Today showed me that I need to focus better on not grazing through the day! Fruits and veggies are fine... but still within reason (and ok I had a tiny slice of zucchini bread... and two girl scout cookies and maybe a cliff bar.... crap!!!) I'm having one of my super hungry days where I'm never satisfied!


So I mentioned before that I no longer have a microwave.... My old one started sparking, which totally freaked me out since it never had a light on the inside! Trying to find a decently priced quality microwave is harder than it sounds. I got frustrated and decided to boycott microwaves for a while. I've been living without one for about a month now and I kinda love it... and hate it at the same time. I love how much room I have in my kitchen. I love that it forces me to cook everything in a new way... but its really about all the counter space I now have! I haven't read enough to be super freaked out by the health consequences of using a microwave so it doesn't have anything to do with that.... but probably a plus?


Strawberry-banana-almond-overnight-oats are sitting in the fridge! I can't wait for morning and another Friday (I have sunday off!).

3 comments:

  1. This might be too personal for blog world, but think about where you are in your cycle. There are certain times of the month where I NEED lots of food and not necessarily the healthy stuff, if you know what I mean. And I am not sure those cravings should be ignored! ;)

    Ashley has a handy husband? Who knew? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is too personal for blog world! And I think you're right, if you are hungry all day your body is obviously trying to tell you something! And sometimes it is craving chips...

    Well he seems to have a million projects going... not sure if he has ever finished one! Sometimes I add things in my posts just for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Elisa, I wanted to link you back to my latest post because I listed all the plants I'm planning on in the patch. I'm sure I'll have some extra seedlings, but I don't know which yet (Except, probably the strawberries, I'll probably have extras of those for sure, since they come in those dozen bundles and I only need 32). I'll keep you updated on that, but if there's anything in particular you're hoping for, let me know!

    And the link! http://anneelliot.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/weed-eating/

    ReplyDelete