Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sugar Dreams.

I have been having the most crazing dreams lately. Seriously.... they are out of control! I completely blame them on all the sugar I have been eating. I used to have really vivid dreams, then when I cleaned up my diet I stopped remembering them as well. That was until this week and all the sugar bingeing occurred! It all started on Wednesday when I went over to Joe and Carly's and we bon fired and made smores! Now I'm addicted to sugar! I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH! This weekend's festivities didn't help anything! 

Here's something you may not know about me... I like throwing parties! On Saturday I (with a lot of help from Carly & my Mom) threw my best friend Ashley a baby shower. It was such a fun day! Lots of friends and food... my favorite combo.
My pregnant best friend Ashley! We've been friends since kindergarten. It's so crazing exciting that she is preggers! 
Ashley and her Mamma!
Ashley and Jamie! We've all known each other since sixth grade when we played soccer together!

It is mandatory to play games at any shower thrown for Ashley.
I learned this when I threw her a bridal shower two years ago! :)
The only boy allowed!
The food was the highlight for me considering I hadn't eaten all day!
Bulk Candy (the ones on the right are vegetarian and so delicious!)
Carly baked amazing banana coffee cake muffins (bug her for the recipe maybe she'll share on her blog!)
I had to make funfetti cupcakes because they are Ashley's favorites... so hard, dumped contents from box add oil, eggs, water and bake!
I also make some vegan cupcakes... they just turned out ok, nothing to write home about.
Something that is worth writing about are these babies....
Gluten Free (no one could tell) chocolate doughnuts!
My Mom surprised me with doughnut pans, one mini one regular!
I used bob's red mill chocolate cake mix and added dark chocolate pieces.
They were awesome.
I also made some Brocguac, my go-to party dip and for the first time ever I made hummus!
It was super easy and soooo tasty!
Bellingham Girls! We all met while going to school at Western! Still close friends! Love 'em!





Love this girl! Can't wait to be an auntie to her baby!
Ashley got me present for hosting! Gilbert (her last name) wine!
Tomorrow I'm going to start focusing on healthy living and begin training again. I'm in love with the Y (ymca) that they just built in Silverdale. I hate the drive but the facilities are soooo amazing! And for once in my life I'm actually excited about the classes! I've never been one to take classes, but something has changed in me! On Saturday Carly and I took a Pilates class (our first ever) that totally kicked our bums! Tomorrow I'm going to try to make myself wake up for the 6:15 cycling... we'll see how that works out... depends on how many sugar dreams I have between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment