Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chocolate Chunk.

Granola is one of those recipes that is considered healthy when eaten in moderation. I hate the word moderation. Especially when connected with food. Granola is one of those foods that I almost can't keep in my house because I will eat the entire jar in a sitting.
This recipe is so good it almost tastes like you are gobbling up cookies just without the flour. When I finish the half-marathon on Sunday I'm rewarding myself by making a batch of this goodness (and maybe a beer and who knows what other kinda junk food I'll talk myself into deserving on that day).
So do you want the recipe?! You should. You should make it and enjoy it with milk, on top of oatmeal, yogurt, or just plain all by itself!

Craveable Chocolate Chunk Granola
2 Cups Rolled oats
1/2 Cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup Almonds (I'll have to find a replacement!)
1/4 C Honey
1/8-1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I actually used Sucanat and it turned out great)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tbs butter alternative (earths balance)
Dash of salt
1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cover a 9X9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Spread the Oats, Sunflower Seeds, and almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes
While thats baking, in a medium saucepan on medium heat combine honey, brown sugar, salt, vanilla and butter until the sugar is melted. 
Once finished, combine the two mixes in a large bowl until the oats are covered.
Pour the mix into the parchment covered pan.
Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Stirring the mix every ten minutes.
When you remove stir a couple time once you've removed from the oven otherwise it might turn into a granola bar!
Once it has cooled add the chocolate chips.

This granola is good and chunky!

No comments:

Post a Comment