Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Kinda Gangster?

So what motivates you on a run? Every once in a while I can get away with an ipod-less run and enjoy myself, but 99.99999% of the time I need the music bumping in order to keep myself moving forward.

Have you ever listened to someone else's workout playlist? You probably thought some of the songs were kind of weird.... Well if you listened to mine that is probably what you would think. A good beat isn't necessarily the thing that makes me want to run harder. Sometimes a really good angry-girl song does the job. You wouldn't think that Beyonce's "If I were a Boy," would make me kick up the gear, but it does. Sometimes I'll put a slow song in the middle just to remind myself that it is OK to walk for a minute.

I am also a searcher. I have around 140 songs on my playlist, and will scroll through on my IPOD Shuffle until I find one that gets me motivated for that moment.

I usually go through phases with songs. Right now Rihanna and Jay-Z's "Run This Town," is featured multiple times on my lists. Past songs that were often on repeat included: Beastie Boys-"Sabotage," Christina Aguilara-"Fighter," Kanye West-"Stronger."

My friend Kelsey is going to run the Kona, Hawaii Half Marathon this weekend! Good Luck Kelsey! She has been training like crazy and had originally thought she couldn't use an Ipod during the race. There are a lot of races that have this in their rules, but I think in most cases as long as you aren't trying to place you can get away with an MP3 device. Anyways, she just asked me for my playlist so she could quickly put one together. I'm not sure if it will help too much, but here are some screenshots from my little Gizzmo. Yes, I named my shuffle... if you must know my computer is named Norm and my backup hard drive is Ethel!  :)

Try not to judge me....





There are a lot of explicit songs on this list, apparently while I'm running I think I'm a gangster.....?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so so so much!! I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete