Thursday, June 16, 2011

If I Had a Million Dollars....

I'd probably want more $$$... A million isn't enough to quit work and have lazy days like today everyday....

I would be happy though.... I'd start by spending some bucks at Trader Joe's.... Which open in Silverdale TOMORROW!!!!

Am I meeting Ashley tomorrow right at open?! Heck yes! Carly and I are going to hit up a cycling class when the sunrises then meet Ashley. I'm figuring that if we put the pregnant lady in front of us people will have to get out of our way.... and if that fails I'll let my nephew Callen pee on them. That is his new trick, peeing through his diaper. Well I'm assuming it was nothing personal when he peed on me today, and he had better be able to do it on command tomorrow if the need arises. 

 In other news... I can see myself getting becoming addicted to the Y! Today I tested out a new machine,  it is a bike that basically has a video game connected to it so you can pretend you are outside on a real trail. Interesting. I couldn't waste the beautiful weather this morning so when I got home I went for a run. My first one since my 1/2. Felt pretty good, I walked some but managed to do 3 miles in 33 minutes. As for how I felt afterwards, my hip flexors are soooo tight! They've been that way since the race, my calves felt normal (sore but manageable). The big problem here is my blister! I promised no foot photos, but the blister that I thought had pretty much gone away came back! uggggh. Annoyed!

Those things in the photo above are my post exercise recovery tools. The 'Stick' is used to massage your muscles and fascia so you don't end up getting knotty muscles. I'm using the tennis ball to relieve some pain i've been having in my arch. I'm looking in to buy a foam roller which should do some of the same stuff as the stick, only I'll be able to use all my body weight to really get deep into the muscles.
Seaweed Salad! The Naturopath said to put seaweed in my diet so yesterday while @ Costco I bought this salad. I topped some spinach and brown rice with it. Pretty yummy but the texture is soooo weird.
 I heart nachos. So when I gave up dairy I thought it would be one of the things that would be lost to me forever. But it turns out that what I really like is all the good stuff that goes with the crispy crunchy chips! I did add a little bit of vegan cheese, but I could have done without! The peppers, corn, beans, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and salsa where the only things I was interested in!

It looks like all I ate today was salad... but I started the day with a might Oatcake! And snacked on a bushel of grapes, had a protein smoothie (new type! Vega) and some gluten free cookies at my Parent's hours. I worked up quite the appetite by showing both my parents different things on their computers.
Now It is time to tackle this monster. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE folding laundry?!
At least I ended my day with this....
1 frozen banana
handful of dark chocolate chips
Blend away!
Very Ice Cream like.
I've been craving popsicles though!


No comments:

Post a Comment