Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby's First Kegger... and a Sugar High.

Well the first week of training is complete! I'm starting from the beginning again in the hopes that:
1. I wont injure myself further.
2. It will make me stronger
3. I wont feel frustrated during this training session.

The first week I relearned some things that I thought I had learned months ago, mostly that I can not run multiple days in a row. Even if they are short runs, I need more recovery time. So I've gone through and created the beginning of a 14 week program. While running is the goal, I'm actually incorporating a lot more cross training days than running days. It will be really interesting to see how I feel during the next half marathon as opposed to my first half with the focus on becoming stronger. If I start to feel really good, I'll also throw in some speed work to set a PR (Personal Record).

Since this post is all about my nephew's birthday sugar high (I saw him tonight... I think he is going through withdrawals...) I should mention that I saw my Naturopath today. We talked a lot about my legs/running issues and also my blood sugar levels... I told him how before the race I started carb loading and that I just never stopped! And I've felt like crap since! I have some symptoms of low blood sugar and my levels are really low. Last time I measured a 48... normal is between 80-100. He had told me before to cut out sugar.... and I might not have listened. So now I am?! He has me taking a vitamin mix called 'megastress' that is supposed to help with the sugar cravings (and maybe my Costco meltdowns?). That would be nice... since I just annihilated half a container of coconut ice cream! Whoops! My sugarless days start tomorrow! Maybe I'll start doing a photo food diary again? Wasn't that fun for everyone? ;)

This weekend I made no effort to curb my sugar consumption! And neither did anyone else!
Siblings!
Someone is funny.
Somebody is turning one and eating GF and Vegan chocolate cupcakes! YUM!
A pizza party! My mom and I shared a GF round one...
Everyone else enjoyed pizza made on La Fiamma pizza crust.
Theirs was better... but ours wasn't half bad!
Baby boogying on the table! A family tradition.
Seriously, doesn't he look like he is about to bust a move?
Tike with a trike!
The card Toon (my oldest brother) and I made!
Our gift to him is the beginnings of a travel fund!
I wish someone would have done that for me!
Who needs college?! ;)
Day two of the celebrating!
The Hungry Caterpillar themed party!
Grandma and Birthday Boy!

The Greats got Callen a six foot tall bear... no joke!

The Greats with the Brothers.

It wouldn't be a Michelson party without home brew!
Baby's First Kegger!
Awesome cake!
He was confused at first...
But got the hang of things!


And had a mini freakout when the big piece was taken from him!

Stinkin' cute family!
This weekend was a lot of fun, sugar, beer and a lot of family!

This week I'm going to try to focus on kicking my chocolate addiction and strength training! Next week I'll think up some less abstract goals for myself! We are half way through the year... maybe it is time to add to the resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment