Monday, June 13, 2011

Sugar Nightmares.

Ok so Cycling at 6:15 this morning in Silverdale did not happen. I blame it all on the terrible night's sleep I had. I have been calling my recent vivid dreams 'sugar dreams' well last night was full of 'sugar nightmares!' It is time to cut myself off. Detox time. So 6:15 didn't happen, but I was able to make it to the gym by 7am, enough time to work out for 20 min. on this eliptical like machine then head to the 7:30 interval edge class. This class kicked my bum! I'm going to really feel it in my bum tomorrow. I'm loving all the different exercises I've been doing lately. I still love running, but I really needed to jazz things up a bit. Tomorrow needs to be about running though, I don't want to lose any of my endurance or strength.

I know one thing is for sure, I need to cut it out with sugar (mostly chocolate) but another thing I've been cheating on is some gluten.... I may have made my neighbors some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. They mowed my lawn this week and I really didn't think vegan/gluten free cookies would be a proper thank you. So I made an old fashioned recipe (my favorite) so of course I had to sample some! I didn't think gluten or sugar made very much difference to me... until I quit them and then cheated. They both make me cranky, tired and bloated.

I did save myself some today by eating a rockin' salad with fresh greens from the garden! I'm tempted to just start calling it Carly's garden, I haven't put nearly enough time in (except for the sowing of the seeds and some planting). But Carly harvested (and photographed) some greens this week that rock! I topped them with some baked tofu, peas, edamame and corn. Random but tasty.

Instead of blabbering on more about food for today... I'm going to go lay in bed and read! That workout followed by 8 hrs on my feet tuckered me out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out... and reminding me that you need to come weed the garden! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete