Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Warrior Dash.

Today the rain let up a little bit! Thank goodness! I think you can almost see some blue skies reflecting in my coffee! Those blue skies might have inspired me a little bit too much! Today I signed up for this: The Warrior Dash. It is basically a 3.5 mile race with ten intense obstacles along the way! My friend Nicole talked me into it. It is a month after my half marathon. I'm thinking it will keep me motivated after I've reached that goal. I can't wait to think up some fun ideas for costumes! Any ideas?! 

How about a book update since thats why most of you probably click to read about!

Book Update 05: Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail

This was a birthday present from my gardening-partner-sister-in-law! (You should check out her blog: Sow Mama Sow!) Its all about organic gardening in small spaces. I skimmed most of the veggies, but look forward to using it as a reference as our garden continues to sprout and grow!

Food Diary: Day Three!
Whipped Banana Strawberry Oats!

A Plum with a side of truth!

Lunch!

Dinner @ Work: Banana berry Smoothie
w/ Spinach feta salad and a 1/2 C brown rice!

Apple Snack

Not Pictured: The nibbles I took of
Megan's homemade Mac and Cheese!
I have to finish my day with something sweet!
Annie's Organic peanut butter granola bar.
This picture thing is really keeping my snacking in check. It is also forcing me to add color a lot of color to my food, because I want to have nice pictures!!! 


Today was a tough day with the no eating chocolate thing! Not only did I have to go through my usual cravings, but a lady thanked me today and handed me a Hershey's Kiss and said "Happy early St. Paddy's Day!" I gave it back and explained the lent situation. To be honest I don't eat loosely wrapped candy given to me by strangers anyways, but it just reminded me that I can't have it! There was a time in my life when Hershey's kisses could have been considered my kryptonite, thankfully I did get over that addiction!!  


Lent always reminds me that I DO have self control. Every year I give something up and stick with it! I just think that I MUST have chocolate (or diet coke or ice cream, or beer) to survive. If I put my mind to something I can do it!!!

1 comment: