Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recipes and a Ski Adventure

Lately I've been obsessed with cooking, baking, and recipe finding. I'm trying to make it a point to actually put my collection of cookbooks to use! Take a look-see:

In a perfect world I would create a meal plan for my week on Sunday and do all my grocery shopping on that same day. When I say meal plan, I mean breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert. I figure if I can figure all that out I can save money by not wasting food and save time by not sitting around deciding what to eat for dinner. It really is just such a shame I don't live in a perfect world... most of the time! Last week I was actually ab
le to figure out a bit of a meal plan! It was great! I work most morning at 6 am so figuring out lunch the night before is a must. This week a meal plan didn't happen, but hopefully it is something that I will be able to do most weeks.

The best part about challenging myself to do this is that it makes me go through both old and new cookbooks! I've found some great recipes! Lately I've been baking a lot of gluten-free goodies for my Mamma. For the most part I've been pleasantly surprised by how yummy and SOMETIMES how healthy these treats turn out to be! I found a great cookbook called Babycakes that is vegan, sorta gluten-free, sorta low-fat, but so far all delicious recipes!
(delicious spelt raspberry scone!)

Yesterday I went skiing for the first time in about six years! It was very last minute, I had to reconfigure my work schedule (thanks for picking up my shift Hayley!) but it was worth it! We had soooooo much fun! The wonderful thing about the weather being craptastic down at sea level is that it means snow at Steven's Pass!

I was very surprised and proud of how well I managed to do! Considering how long it had been I was fully anticipating being on my bum all day long! Thankfully that didn't happen! I did have a few little falls as well as a beautiful face-plant but where is the fun in staying on your feet all day (I know Carly and my Dad had a good time laughing at me!)

The last run of the day was the coldest, my Dad had already headed down to the car but Carly and I felt like we had one last run in us! We met up with my brother and his bestie Steve at the Skyline lift. Lets just say that I had to use my mantra (Conquer it!) the entire way down! There was a point where Carly and I hit thick powder on a flat and came to a dead stop! After a day of skiing our legs were jello and we had to give it all we had to make it through! I love how much different of a workout I get from skiing. I'm hoping we will figure out a way to make it up there again this year! I don't ever want to go so long in between again! It was such a good time!

This year I think I have had almost every single one of my muscles sore! Either from skiing, hiking, running, elliptical, or kettlebells! I love getting outside and adventuring!

I finished my first ever Nook Book! Can't wait to review it for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment