Friday, March 18, 2011

Snacking on Kindness.

Since I'm so tired and I'm trying to stick with my resolution of the week to make sleep more of a priority, I'm going to make today short and simple! I am excited to talk about my latest read and other adventures though! I started a new book, its called "Young, Fabulous & Broke," by Suze Orman. If you have ever caught her show, you know she is intense! What I've found so far is that I am not as broke as I thought I was... well compared to some of the examples she uses! I'm going to use this book as more of a reference, so I still need to choose a novel that will hopefully suck me in! I have a few recommendations I'm considering!

Food Diary: Day Five
Breakfast: Whipped Banana-strawberry oats and half a grapefruit!
Apple snack!
Spelt English muffins are pretty good, but I love me a sourdough one!
I'm on the search for an all natural/organic version!
Lunch: Tuna salad on a spinach salad
I tried a tiny sliver of this taster cheese from one of a distributor at work.
The other day I was given a hershey's kiss from a customer that I didn't feel bad about giving back, but when a customer today handed me two of these "Kind Bars" I was very accepting! These are great snack bars! all natural goodness! They sell them at the evil empire (Starbucks) but you can get them at the grocery store as well. They are full of nuts and fruit, full of all the good kinds of fats! (Not Pictured: a satsuma orange, I'm forgetful!)
I'm on the search for something naturally sweetened that  I can use to tame my sweet tooth  and is something that is gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and yummy that my mom can eat as well! Dehydrated fruit is not the answer. 
I was starving right before dinner!  Instead of my usual snacking I waited it out! I felt like I had already taken too many photos today! It made me enjoy my dinner so much! I guess once again mom's all across America were right when they warned of spoiling your dinner! And oh what a dinner it was! Handmade black bean burger with pepper jack cheese a side of green beans and a BPA.... Which is my Dad's home brewed beer! (BPA=Bruce Pale Ale) I think after how good I was all week I deserved it! These bean burgers are amazing, and if you want the recipe go here: Katheats. I added some corn, red pepper, worcestershire and BBQ sauce. So good!
I also felt like I deserved this! A small scoop of  locally made vanilla ice cream with pan seared berries and nanners! This  ice cream is made somewhere around town and sold at Central Market. They had a bunch of flavors but I knew I would be supplementing with fruit so I went for the plain vanilla.  It was pretty good, but I mostly enjoyed the label. 
I feel very satisfied with my food choices today! Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a bean burger! I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so delicious! And so easy to make! Great vegetarian substitute! I just wish I had a real bun!

    ReplyDelete