Monday, March 21, 2011

Day Off.

Today was a day off! From work and a rest day from my training! I spent the entire day organizing and cleaning my house... almost 11 hours worth. I'm still not completely finished! Hopefully it will only take a little more time and my next day off can be spent at the movies!


Everything in my kitchen now has a spot! It is really nice to know what I have and know where it is. I also did a lot possession-purging. Sometimes I feel really overwhelmed by "stuff." Things that don't have a place, things that I haven't used in years that I just keep moving with, and things I just don't need. I'm still using my happiness commandments to guide me and just decided that less is more because "Outer order contributes to inner calm." So now my little car is weighed down with all the stuff that has been weighing me down, just waiting for tomorrow's Goodwill trip! Not only was the cleaning/organizing/purging invigorating, it was also kinda nice to spend the day all by myself. I don't want that to come out the wrong way, I just spend a lot of time with people. At work it is constant and I always have interact. It was very rejuvenating to have a day to myself. I also ate a lot of tasty food. I feel really good about the photo food diary and think I'll keep it up for a little while longer.... anyone hate seeing it everyday?!


Food Diary: March 21, 2011
I'm addicted to oats in the morning! Maybe it is just the almond butter I put on my spoon so I get some with every bite!
Apple!
Leftover galore for lunch! Delicious again! 
I'm obsessed with navel oranges right now
Cleaning makes me hungry! Double snack!
Last night Carly and I were talking about Frittatas and it got me to thinking that I had never made one.
I initially wanted to use my Cast Iron Skillet for this creation, but after a gander into my fridge I had to use a much smaller dish. I'm calling this... The Veggie Drawer Frittata. I basically threw in everything I had left in my veggie drawer, saving just enough for lunch tomorrow.
I sautéed yellow and orange bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, green onion and green beans with some olive oil, salt & pepper, and garlic until tenderish.
Then I put them in a casserole dish with two beat eggs and a splash of milk. I threw it in the oven @ 350 degrees
Amazingness! I love Brinner! (Breakfast for dinner)
I'm excited to go grocery shopping tomorrow, everything has a spot so unloading should be a breeze!  

My experiment is coming close to perfection. Fresh berries, almonds, almond extract, stevia, more cinnamon, and a dollop of viking vanilla ice cream all helped to improved it!
I also love my new mug! I bought it downtown, it was handmade by a lady in Seabeck!
Oh! Yesterday was the first day of Spring! I completely forgot! I'm so excited for the gardening to come, I can barely stand it!!! I was a little sad today to find that the blueberry bush I'm going to plant wont be producing any fruit in its first year. I guess I'll just have to practice another Happiness Commandment and "Enjoy the Process."

No comments:

Post a Comment