Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Two Day Food Diary.

Day One:
Breakfast: Banana-Straw Oatcakes!

Carrots w/ 1 Tbs Hummus


Lunch: 1 Cup Butternut Squash Soup w/ Salad

 A few almonds and a plum!

All this goodness =
This!
Apple w/ Almond Butter

Dinner: Salmon Burger with Lemony Broccoli
Dessert: Half a banana split!
Instead of ice cream
I put half a banana
1 tablespoon almond butter
in the food processor and froze!
Topped the other half with the mix
and some apricot preserves/coconut dates/strawberry goodness!
 Day Two:

Whipped Banana Oatmeal w/ Chia seeds and half a grapefruit 
Greek Yogurt with puffed rice and strawberries
Lunch: Veggie Salad & an Open Egg Sandwich
Almond Butter w/ Apple
Dinner: Spinach Salad w/ Tuna hard boiled egg potato and a spelt english muffin
Better than a bowl of ice cream!
Puffed rice w/ NF Milk and a banana

I'd say this was quite the experiment! For one thing It took me more time to prepare my food for the photos! I was more conscious of my choices and besides this I didn't graze at all! Still I snack way too much! Did I mention that I gave up chocolate for lent? All I really wanted to do all day was to grab some chocolate covered espresso beans and a chocolate chip cookie for dessert! I'm staying strong though! I recently read an article that said you can become addicted to certain foods. The article also said that the memory of that food doesn't get out of your body for at least three days, which is why it is so easy to eat a cookie the day after you ate a doughnut. Natural sugar can be just as bad, which is one of my issues, I eat a lot of fruit which equals a lot of sugar! At least it comes along with some filling fiber! I think I will continue this little experiment for the rest of the week to see how I do over the long run!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the chocolate kick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first few days were really hard at work, then it got a little bit easier... but now it feels like all anybody talks about is chocolate!

    ReplyDelete