Monday, March 28, 2011

Abusive Relationship.

I'm talking about running. Remember when I told you we were in a relationship? Well it has really been beating up on me lately. I can't ignore the shin splints/lower leg pain anymore (sad face). I haven't ran since Thursday and standing is sometimes painful. I am starting to feel restless and anxious. I've decided to not run in my next planned practice-race on April 9th. I'm trying to take it easy.... I need to reach my bigger goal of running in the half marathon (69 days away). This is a pretty big setback for me. It makes me nervous and incredibly frustrated. I found some stretches online that I'm going to try out and I'm considering talking to my Dr. to get a referral to a physical therapist. If nothing else maybe they can tell me what I'm doing wrong (Too many miles too soon? Wrong shoes? Weak muscles?). 


I know I said I was going to take a break from food shots, but I changed my mind. I did decide to just shoot breakfast, lunch and dinner. My snacks are pretty boring really.... Carrots, kind bar, Graham crackers and a banana..... 

While at Ikea I bought a fancysmancy french press! Its kinda crazy to say, but I've never used a french press before! It was super easy and really interesting how different the coffee beans I drink everyday can taste so much different just by using a different method to brew. I need to practice on my timing and grinding, but overall it was a success! My coffee was the perfect match with some whipped banana oats. Have I really never shared  the recipe for this?! Here ya go...
 Whipped Banana Oatmeal
1/3 C Old fashioned Rolled Oats
1/3 C NF Milk
1/3 C H20
1 sliced banana
Cook on the stove over medium until you see little bubbles (about 5 min) 
Then Mix like crazy! 
I recommend a spoonula. One of those spatulas that has a bit of a spoon on the end that you have probably never used for anything else!
When most of the water is gone I cut the heat and serve.
This is the base, after that you get to be as creative as you please!
I stir in 1/2 tbs of Chia seeds at the beginning and usually some other fruit or berry. Cinnamon and brown sugar is always a good choice, but the toppings are what I get really excited about! Almonds, peanuts, granola, raisins, coconut, and butterscotch chips are all tasty additions.
You may have noticed that I always have Almond or Peanut Butter on my spoon (for a bit with every bite!)
Enjoy! 

Spinach, broccoli, baby bell peppers (new favorite Costco find!), carrots, and zucchini salad topped with an egg with almond butter topped toast on the side! Mint green tea was very refreshing to go with! 
I'm attempting to get rid of all the food that I can't say no to! Hence the chips! If they are in my house I will snack my life away until the bag is empty! These may be my new favorite, they are Trader Joe's flax seed chips flavored with beets, spinach, garlic, carrot goodness! Topped with pepper jack peppers, tomatoes, and onions! Have I mentioned I don't have a microwave anymore?
I spent all afternoon with my Dad putting together my Ikea bookcase! I love it, but was hoping I'd get more errands done and try out a yoga class. Busy day getting my to-do list checked off planned for tomorrow... then skiing on Wednesday... then hopefully a relaxing day off on thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment