Saturday, March 19, 2011

Born to Run.... under blue skies.

Today was beautiful. The sun finally made an appearance! I feel like I have been living in a grey rainy fog for months! It was very refreshing! Today I planned on being a cross-training day, but I simply couldn't pass up such a nice day! I did a quick run from my parent's house to my brother's. It probably comes out to being right around 1.5 miles. My mom and sister-n-law left her house at the same time. I ran without a running buddy or my gps/pace/heart rate tracker so I couldn't tell how well I paced myself. I felt like I ran slow, but was out of breath until the end. They were both surprised by how quickly I made it there, so maybe I was running faster than I thought?! Thankfully the weather seems to be slowly heating up so I will be able to run primarily outside and become accustomed to pacing myself. *knock on wood* my legs haven't hurt barely at all since last Sunday. I've tried some new stretches and am trying to teach myself patience. I'm not going to go out and be able to run a marathon tomorrow, I have to build myself into a runner. Speaking of becoming a runner....


Book Update 06: Born to Run by Christopher McDougall


I hardly ever become sucked into a nonfiction book. But this one sucked me in. The fact that I am currently very interested in running might be a factor, but I really just think this book is that good. This was the first book I have experience reading on my Nook. And as I type this, I am trying to go through the book so that I can share some of my favorite passages... But alas! Something in my nook is acting up! Force close?! Grrr... This never would have happened with a paperback... I also think that even if I hadn't had to start and restart it would be a little more difficult for me to find what I was looking for, no carefree flipping through the pages. I guess this book review will have to wait until tomorrow, when both my nook and myself are a little less tired....
Food Diary: Day Six!
Overnight Oats 5 am
It seems like I can only go about 3.5 hours before I'm starving! 9 am

Lunch: 1C tomato soup and veggie salad
for a dressing I use red wine vinegar, a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper

I shared half the kindness with Carly!
(I also learned more about this company today, they are awesome! I want to work there!)

Shared an apple and almond butter with her as well!

When I was little I loved to eat cereal this way!
I was hoping it would be a good preworkout snack...
but half way through my elliptical session I was shaky starving!
So I snacked on some rye crisp with melted swiss and a satsuma 
That barely held me until I got home to make dinner!
BBQ baked tofu, peppers, onion, green bean, potato slice spinach salad.
For having been a vegetarian for so long, it is kind of odd that I almost never make myself tofu.
As in I've made it maybe 5 times ever and never baked. It just seemed scary to me!
But this was totally easy, I follow a
recipe from my favorite blog an conquered my fear!
Now I just need to get over my fear of Tempeh.....
 
Still trying to cure my sweet tooth....
I need to come to terms with the fact that if I bake a batch of cookies I'm going to eat a bunch of them! So I attempted a single cookie with no added sugar. Let's just say that it was terrible, but without the help of my viking vanilla ice cream it wouldn't have been wonderful either... 

I also attempted some homemade granola/museli randomness.  It consisted of puffed rice, quick oats, coconut, almonds and raisins. Puffed grains make a great cereal and baking them makes the texture really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment