Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Carb Loading.

I'm sad to say that the storm that is coming means that we had to cancel our trip up to the mountains. We all decided that skiing in the rain is no fun (and not worth the $60 lift ticket!) So I could lie and say that all the carb loading I did today was in prep for a day of skiing, but its just not true. I was actually pretty nervous about how my legs would do in ski boots all day. The last time we went up it was pretty painful for the first half of the day. I'm thinking tomorrow I might try out swimming?! I've never really been into it, but I hear it is such a great workout and easy on the body. We'll see what time I get up....

Garden update:

The beds are in place and full of nutritious soil!
Before...
After!


The cute sign my Mom bought for Carly from a local artist!
It should be said that all the credit for these amazing garden beds goes to Joe!
He worked really hard to make sure they were perfect! Thanks brother!
Still growing strong! Just about time to plant some peas!
Carly put together a garden plan today and it looks like we are going to have a ton of extra starts to trade!
Today was all about cleaning/organizing and cooking. My house is almost completely organized and cleaned. I'm taking full advantage of the fact that I live by myself and know that it wont always be possible to have everything have a place or for everything to be in its place! I even spread my cleaning extravaganza to my work! We had a slow morning so my boss and I completely cleaned out the back room! It looks great. It never ceases to amaze how much clutter can effect me! I feel so much better when things are picked up. 

Caribbean Oats! (coconut, banana, and blueberry)
I need to work on my French Pressing technique....
The water was too hot and I didn't brew it for long enough.
I think when I have to be at work at 6am I'll let my coffeemaker
do the work and save the french press for my Saturdays!
All that cleaning built up my appetite!
Tuna, cherry tomato, and basil sandwich.
Apple w/ almond butter for dessert!
Dinner at Joe and Carly's!
I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family. I'm truly blessed :)
Pinto bean burgers! With Havarti Dill cheese, spinach salad, french fries and green beans!
Then we ended the night with one of Carly's blueberry muffins topped with my new favorite
Ice cream-Haagan Dazs-Five Vanilla (only 5 ingredients! All real!)
Such a feast!
 I created a meal plan for the rest of the week! Here goes nothing! I better eat healthy since I can't run!

2 comments:

  1. Were those garden beds at your place? Or at Carly's? I didn't think you had all that back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are at Carly's! I'll still have a garden at my house, it will just be a potted plant garden! Someday when I own a house I'll go to the trouble of making raised beds, but not worth it in a rental.... and my backyard isn't very big! But it would be pleasant to garden next to the creek!

    ReplyDelete