Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Letter to Spring.

Dearest Spring,
Please stop playing games with my heart. In the past I feel like you have been really good to me, but your recent actions have led me to question my love of you. One day your all sunshine and lollypops and then a dreary day like today comes along. I know those flowers I am going to plant need lots of watering, but once again I want to point out that there needs to be a balance! In spite of the most recent weather you've shown me, I still managed to enjoy the outdoors today.... But get your act together!
Always, Elisa

Green and so cute!
I'm real sick of this weather. I can honestly feel so much of a difference in my mood when the weather heats up and the sun shines. I'm ready to work in my garden!! Speaking of my garden, a few words on composting! I recommend doing it! If for no other reason than to just cut down on how much garbage you toss into your bin. I was so surprised by how much food waste I was throwing into a trash bag that was just going to end up in a landfill. This stuff is free food for our garden! Even if you don't have a garden its still a good thing to do! I read somewhere that things inside of plastic bags don't break down as quickly as they do in a compost bin... and if they do break down, they are still in a plastic bag. My composting process is really easy, all I do is put the scraps and peels into that metal container I keep under the sink. When that is full I move it outside to my super cute green bin. When I'm filled to the brim I bring it on over to Carly and Joe's house where they have a spinning compost bin. I could skip the last two steps and just throw it into my city provided yard waste can, but like I said, free plant food!!!

More signs of spring! I love this Magnolia that
blooms right outside my kitchen window!
Today was a dreary day. Rain clouds filled my eyes and puddles. It was a day to be spent sipping tea or at the movies, but like I said I was crazy enough to venture outside today. But I really did enjoy it!
My friend Nicole and I ventured out on our monthly hike! The past two we were blessed by the weather gods with simply amazing days! Today not so much! Still a good time in the woods with a good friend!
It was far from clean fun though!
The second week of my food photo diary has ended. I think I'm going to give you a break from seeing what I'm consuming for a bit. This week I'm going to focus on sticking to my food plan.... and most importantly.... READING! You can expect to see food shots more regularly though. I like cooking and sharing recipes and ideas!


New Springtime Mug!

3 comments:

  1. Love the mug!! Can't wait to try my oats tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa! Reading through all this---so inspirational for me! Saw your post from Wednesday--if you are looking for different workouts, and want to feel a little insane, but see results practically immediately, then check out Tracy Anderson. She is BATSH*T crazy regarding her "nutrition plan" (i.e. starvation) and I don't follow any of her eating advice at all. However. Her mat workouts are amazingly effective. Especially the post-pregnancy one for strengthening your core (no baby necessary.) :)Dawn and my mom both have copies--grab them from one of them and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy- I can't wait to hear about some of your creations!
    Rebecca- I'll have to go borrow one of those! I'm always looking for new workouts! I've found I need to keep switching things up to keep me interested! I also have been experiencing really bad shin issues so something involving a mat would be a good idea while I'm resting from running!

    ReplyDelete