Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vegfest 2011.

 Today was all about food... Pictures say 1000 words.... so with my captions you should get a pretty good picture....
Skipped oats this morning...



Delivery of scones for my work. I highly recommend you check out the Poulsbo Gluten Free Bakery

Reading is important! So are fruits and veggies.

I love me some kale chips and my favorite Swedish rye cracker! So good w/ Almond butter on top!
Follow the signs....
To Vegfest!!! This was my first experience at the all vegetarian exhibition. I didn't get off work until 2:30 and it closed at 6 so we only had about an hour to adventure around! It turned out to be the perfect amount of time to taste a ton of samples! There were a lot of products there that I had seen in the stores but was hesitant to try, so it was great to taste test before purchasing! I also discovered a few new products! And I couldn't pass up samples of some of my favorites!
Might have turned Katy into a Vegetarian for a day!
It was so great to go somewhere and not worry about some secret meat ingredient! I knew the Bruschetta wouldn't have ham on it and the jello was gelatin free. So nice not to have to ask the, "are there any meat products in here?" question. BUT! I did have to constantly ask one question! "Is there chocolate in here?" Grrrr! I had a chance for freedom and it was taken away! Darn it! Oh well! Next year I'll be back.
Speaking of chocolate, I had a scare earlier in the day! When lent started I put all the chocolate in the house up on a top shelf so I wouldn't be tempted or accidently eat some without thinking. When I got home today I went to grab a granola bar thingy that I had bought at Trader Joe's earlier in the week. It was a peanut butter one, I specifically didn't buy the chocolate one. I took a bite without looking and tasted chocolate! I spit it out and threw it away! That was a close one! I'm staying strong! 
After VegFest we were inspired to eat some veggies, so we went to Sushi in Belltown. 
We were pretty stuffed from our snacking so we shared...
Off to bed to read! Big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment