Saturday, January 7, 2012

Waimea?

This island is so beautiful. Yesterday we took a drive to the west side of the island to see the Waimea Canyon, then continued up to see wonderful views from the Kalalau lookout. There is so much of this island that you can't get to by road. There are hundreds of trails through the lush forest. Carly and I trekked on a little one but I'm really excited to get my shoes laced up and do some exploring!

Also, I'm happy to report I slept in until 6 this morning! :) Time for a run.... even though sitting by the pool sounds so much nicer!

Callen and Grandpa walking to breakfast a Joe's on the Green.







Fist Bump!
It was crazy how quickly the fog rolled in and out.

Chickens everywhere!
I guess after the last really bad hurricane in the 90's they all escaped and have been wild ever since.




Edge of the world.



More fish-eye
Naturally I was wearing flip-flops for this adventure.
That little sign says "One of the wettest spots on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment