Sunday, January 8, 2012

Non-Beach Read on a Beach Day.

I have a problem. You may be asking yourself... "who has problems in Hawaii?" Well I didn't say it was a serious problem. I've been reading this book, The Angel's Game since we've been here. I'm really enjoying it, but it is anything but a beach read. I would describe it as a dark gothic mystery, set in the early 1900s. Not really the light reading material that usually defines a beach read. Like I said, I'm really enjoying the book, but it is taking me forever to read and killing my chance to read the six books I'd planned on starting the year out with! So I'm thinking about setting it down and looking up a smutty romance novel.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I've once again joined a book club. My friend Nicole has recently moved home and has put one together. So I also need to read that book while I'm here!

I have a feeling that most of the days on this vacation are going to be lazy ones...

I've woken up to this beautifulness every morning.
Usually there are a couple whales out there as well.
I love being near the water, I don't think I could ever live inland. 
Aren't you proud of me?!
Those are my running shoes!
I've gone on two runs since I've been here!
This one was just under 5 miles.
Next time I need to leave earlier in the day, boy was it a hot one!
After my run and a quick shower, the pool called my name.
I love that the pool is so close to the water. 
After lunch we headed to the beach!
Salt Pond Beach.
Fish Eye!
This beach was perfect for kids.
And Callen loved playing!




Baby Toes!

Beach Treasure.

3 comments:

  1. Huh!!!Most pools are near the water...unless there empty.
    Espresso Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Correction to post spelling should be "they're."
    Espresso Mike

    ReplyDelete