Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time Change.

It doesn't matter if it is daylight savings time or I'm traveling halfway across the world, even the slightest time change completely messes with my internal clock. Take yesterday morning for example, I was awake at 5 am. That is an absurd time to wake up when you are on a relaxing vacation. I'm not saying that I don't like being an early riser, because I do, on trips like this it is usually the only time when I'm all by myself. Yesterday morning I actually really enjoyed drinking some coffee, blogging and watching the grey whales do backflips right off the coast.

Seriously, a perfect morning! That was then topped off by a great little run. I actually have no idea how far I ran or how long I was gone for because I realized both my GPS and IPOD were dead as I was heading out the door. Running without anything weighing me down is actually nice every once in a while, but for training purposes I need to keep track of my mileage and pace. I saw so many people out running, more than on any other trip I've taken. It was the perfect temperature and there seems to be tons of trails to explore. Running while on vacation take a bit of motivations, but it's always worth it.... and it makes it easier to explain away that second mai tai.

The rest of the day was spent stocking up on supplies, most importantly..... pineapple juice so we can make our own tropical drinks!

Lunch at Brenecke's
This is funny because that is Callen's sign language for wanted something to drink.
Mai Tais are this year's theme.
Callen in the pool!
Pool side.


I'm still testing out the features of my new camera.
Fish eye....
Fish eye is funny when you take pictures of people...

My Dad says I take a lot of pictures of nothing. haha
And now.... some photos of Callen so Grandma will hush up!




No comments:

Post a Comment