Monday, February 14, 2011

Brighter than Sunshine

I mentioned last year how much I enjoy my Birthday. The biggest reason is because I get to see or talk to almost everyone I care about during the week of or after. It is like a special week of love! I must say, this year was one for the epic record books. It was as close to a perfect weekend as I can imagine.

Thursday night was spent cleaning so that I would wake up on my Birthday to a clean house! I woke up early and went to get my nails done with my friend Ashley, opened some awesome presents, ate lunch with family, then headed to Seattle for a girls night out! We went to Chopstix, a dueling piano bar. We had a blast! I had always said that I would never go there because they bring you up on stage to sing you a special birthday song. I overcame that fear....
and had a really good time. It was great to see so many friends! The next morning I woke up bright and early at my cousin Katy's house. Since nobody else was up, I decided to go run and grab a coffee! So I grabbed my running shoes and explored Alki beach! (Now how many people can say they felt that good after their 25th birthday?!) I love this area of Seattle!
I spent the day with Katy eating sushi and frozen yogurt! Then it was time for celebration round two!!! My family and our close family friends the Perigards met me in Seattle to eat dinner at the Space Needle!
Dinner was amazing! I stayed one more night in Seattle, this time with my life-long friend Nicole. We had heard the weather was going to be terrible on Sunday so our plan of going for a hike was in jeopardy. We decided if we woke up to a storm we would instead go on an urban hike! Something involving a chocolate factory and a brewery! The day would not be wasted! But we woke to a beautiful morning in the Pacific Northwest! So off we went to hike Tiger Mountain! Although it was a very populated hike, we had a great time and it really kicked my butt!
After our hike we ate at a fabulous vegetarian restaurant in Fremont (I love this area of Seattle even more than Alki!) Then topped the weekend off with Gelato!!!

I am one happy girl! I have so many amazing people in my life! 2011 is the start of a year, but February 12th was the start of a new quarter in my life and I feel like I've kicked it off right!

While waiting for our food at the vegetarian restaurant we read through some business cards that had different quotes on each one. I liked a portion of one and here it is....

"Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise." -Sri Chinmoy

Since I'm reading less I think I'll save my book review for next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment