Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dear Diary.

Do you keep a diary? I've never been very good at keeping up with daily entries, so I've never kept a diary for more than a week. For awhile there I came to think of this blog as sort of my diary and in a way it still is.... only to be honest I don't share all my deepest secrets with the internet. But even my blog has at times been difficult to keep up with. I just sometimes feel like I don't have anything to say. The other day I was staring at one of my bookshelves trying to decide what I wanted to read next (I'm trying not to buy any new books until I at least finish one book from my shelf). I noticed a little book in the corner there. It was a five year "One Line a Day" Journal. My cousin Katy had given it to me as a birthday present and I had never started using it, probably because I wanted to start on January first. But I was inspired so I've started all the way at the end of the year!
I think it will be very fun to see what I was thinking or doing on any particular day five years from now. Since it only gives you enough space for a sentence or two the commitment isn't a big one.

Since I know I haven't blogged everyday I can't go back to Nov. 8 2011 or 2010 and see what I was blogging at the time... but I can get close...

Nov. 2011
I didn't even blog a single time in November of 2011.... so this comes from September.

Nov. 2010
Really big surprise here.... I was talking about being burned out on reading...

When I look back I can see how much I've changed in some ways... and how little in other ways. I will forever be trying to read, blog, and run more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment