Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vote.

Yesterday, November 6, 2012, was Election Day here in the USA. While many stood in lines for hours around the country I had already placed my vote days ago via absentee ballot. To be honest I felt done with this election months ago. I don't even have cable and I was sick of the political ads, roadside signs, as well as all the election talk. I feel like in the past few months our country has been slogged down by our differences. All the money that was spent on negative campaign ads is disgusting. Neither side is better than the other when it comes down to the hate that they spewed at each other. I feel like the day after a presidential election we have to start picking up the pieces.  It doesn't matter if you voted blue or red. Now is the time to start working together. There should be no sore losers or sore winners. There is too much at stake to not come together to work it out. I don't really like to talk politics. Mostly because I get angry and feel really small, but if there is one thing I believe in it's this: if we work against each other no one wins. America isn't going to be in shambles four years from now if we can work through our differences. I really think most Americans feel this way. We are sick of politics. We are sick of both the Democrats and the Republicans. So anyways... that's enough of my incoherent ramblings...

Yesterday I had a thought. I was at work, frustrated and wanting to go home. I thought to myself, "Gosh, I want a glass of wine." Then I had another thought, "I used to let out my frustrations with a nice long run.... not a glass of wine." My knee injury has of course been an issue for me lately.... but I need to get back to NEEDING to run. I hope my thought doesn't lead you to thinking I might have a problem with consumption... while I enjoy a glass of wine from time to time I didn't think to myself, "I NEED a glass of wine."

So off I go right now... The sun is shining, my ipod is charged, and my running shoes are on!

No comments:

Post a Comment