Thursday, November 4, 2010

Burned.

It has occurred to me in the past week or so that people were actually reading my blog. I know this because I've gotten yelled at by several of you for my lack of updates. I really do hate to disappoint, but have to be completely honest, I'm burned out on reading. I've literally picked up five or six books recently only to get a little ways in and lose interest. In the past I have had phases where I'm just not interested in reading. I lose my patience with a story quickly and find other activities to do. The truth is that this really couldn't come at a worse time for my reading resolution/goal. I really do hate to disappoint everyone, but I have a theory about reading.... You should enjoy it. I'm not going to force myself to sit down and attempt to read if I'm just not feeling it. Hopefully I will get back into a reading phase here shortly and read book after book after book. I really have loved sharing updates and recommendations and plan to continue my blogging ways. On another note I will say this about setting resolutions/goals for myself this past year, it is helping me become the person I want to be. I feel like in the past year I've been more active/inspired/motivated/outgoing than I ever was before. So stay tuned friends and readers because I haven't gone anywhere!

End of the year resolution: Blog More (get ready to hear more ramblings about my life, inspirations, and hopefully some books!)

PS: Thanks for sticking with me!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with not reading if you're not feeling it. To echo what you said, you should enjoy what you're doing, and if that means scrap booking, or cleaning, or jogging, or whatever, then go for it. We humans are at our best when we are feeling good, so do what makes you feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many books did you read last year? Are you going to blog again this year? I hope so. I've been reading the same book for over a month and that's a new record. It's not that it's not good but I'm just not in a huge reading place right now...

    ReplyDelete