Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finish.

The most common theme of my blog is obviously me writing about how lazy I feel. No, I haven't been running enough. No, I haven't been eating well. No, I don't really have any books to update (except some smutty romance novels). No, I haven't been working on my resolutions.

Pretty much I feel like this is the most depressing post I could possibly start my morning with!

I could either do the easy thing and keep on having my lazy summer or today could be the day I start to make a change. 

So here is the deal. There is no more, "next week I'll get back to training," It's now or never. I'm running (pun intended!) out of weeks here! The marathon is soooooo soon. Am I ready? No. Will I be ready? No. It doesn't matter. I'll never be ready. 26.2 miles is insane. I'm fairly certain I don't have enough self discipline to train hard enough to run the entire way. I've tried. It doesn't matter what time of year I'm training or if I have a boyfriend or not. I'm just not willing to dedicate my entire life to running. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE RUNNING. I love the way it makes me feel. I love the way it makes me look. I love that it is one of my hobbies. But here is the thing, I stand on my feet 6+ hours a day and going for a 15 mile run after that isn't always appealing. So what am I trying to say? Am I just not going to do the marathon I signed up for in Bellingham? Am I wimping out?!

No.

I'm going to do it. I'm just readjusting my game plan. The goal has always been to finish. But in the back of my head I always had this idea that I would run the entire way, you know, keep pace with my half marathon time and finish with glory! 

Here is the new plan, a plan that takes reality into consideration.

Run/walk/run/walk/run/walk/run/walk...... to infinity and beyond!

I know, it's not a really fancy plan, but it's not something I really considered before. It is still going to be hard to complete 26.2 miles even doing this, and I'm going to hate myself for my lazy training, but it's doable. 

I even have an updates mantra..... 

Run.
Walk.
Crawl.
Roll.
FINISH.
Conquer it!

So there you have it. I feel a little bit less lazy just from blogging! 

1 comment:

  1. *updated mantra

    Btw, are we getting that on our T-shirts or what?

    ReplyDelete