Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to You.

We all know how much I love my birthday. Since it is a national holiday I would be surprised if it didn't come printed on your calendar. ;)

Well it turns out I also like celebrating other people's birthdays!

Last weekend (August 12, 2012) was Brian's 30th!!! (Which just so happens to be the day after my half-birthday.... but I only brought that up a couple of times!)

Since it is a pretty important birthday I wanted to make it extra special, something he'd remember forever. So I started scheming and planning a surprise for him. The problem was... I'm awful at keeping secrets and I started planning waaaaaay too far in advance. By some miracle I was able to keep him mostly in the dark about what we were going to do. He knew we were going to celebrate his birthday on the 11th.... and he had the idea that we might be going to the Seahawks preseason game vs. the Titans. I tried my best to throw off his guesses and had him somewhat confused about what we were going to be doing. Especially when he found out we were going to be on the 8:45 ferry to Seattle (the game was at 7 p.m.).

Throughout the day he opened a series of cards that told him what we would be doing next.

His first card told him to get to go on the ferry! 

Me and the birthday boy on the ferry!

At the end of the ferry ride he got to open the second card.
Took him a minute to figure out we were going.....

....On the Duck!

It was fun to be tourists in our own city.
It was also fun when Brian had to do the chicken dance in the middle of Lake Union!

The third card....

Ride the brand new Seattle Great Wheel!!
I recommend buying your tickets online in advance like we did, you skip the 20-30 minute wait at the ticket booth!

It was such a perfect beautiful day!!!

Turns out I over planned! We had a ton of time before the next part of our next adventure!
We walk around awhile until he opened the next card & present from my parents....
Tickets to the Seahawks game!!!

He then got to open the fifth and final card....
Dinner at Pyramid Brewery!
Mmmmm beer!

The biggest surprise for him?! 
His friends were there and going to the game with us!!!

It was so much fun setting up the day for him and I was so relieved when it went off without a hitch!
And I'm not going to lie I enjoyed it probably as much as he did!

Check out the mug I painted for him at Dancing Brush in Downtown Poulsbo!

Happy Birthday Boo! Love you.





1 comment: