Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Run Faster.

On Saturday I ran in the Viking Fest Road Race for the second year in a row. The five miler is a great prep for the half marathon that is in less than 11 days! Wow did that ever sneak up on me. Needless to say I'm very glad that I decided to downgrade to the half and wait until Fall to run a full marathon. 

Last year's Viking Fest run was a great confidence builder for me. This year was even better! 

Brian ran with me and was a great motivator. His goal for us was to run the five miles in 45 minutes.... my goal was to just break the 50 minute mark I set last year. 

The weather was gorgeous for the run. Sunny and beautiful! 
See??? It was so nice outside we needed matching shades.
The race was a success!!! We crossed the finish line at 46:40!!! A full three minutes and twenty seconds faster than last year! Wahoo! I felt so much better during this run than I did last year. It was great to have Brian there to push me when I wanted to go slower.... Even if at times it kinda made me mad.

I know that for the half-marathon that's coming up I probably wont be able to keep up a 9:30 pace, but hopefully I can push myself and beat last year's finish.

Also.... This half marathon HAS TO BE the jump start for my full marathon training. I can manage to bullshit my way through a half-marathon.... but let's get real 26.2 miles is serious business..... and I need to get serious.

After we got back home from the race it was time to watch the set up for the parade on my street! I invited some friends over and we had a little picnic while the marching bands and parade princesses assembled.
 The Girl Scout troop that included my Aunt Dawn and cousins Madeline and Josephine! So stinking cute!



 It was a pretty great day filled with almost all of my favorite things!

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing pictures of Ashley and crew on the blog! I miss them!

    I am impressed that you run with your boyfriend. I am not sure that would be too inspiring for me and Lars. ;) Haha, I'm sure it would be fine actually, we play soccer together quite often on his work team and that goes totally fine.
    (But I'm still impressed). ;)

    ReplyDelete