Friday, May 18, 2012

101 in 1001.

The other day I was cleaning out drawers and stumbled across a list I'd made back in July of 2010.

The list is titled: 101 in 1001 days.... a mini bucket list.

The idea is to write down 101 goals for yourself to be completed in 1001 days.

This was something that I had seen on another blog and felt would fit right in with what my blog is all about.... you know goals, resolutions and lists.

These goals are to be completed by April 10, 2013.

The funny thing is that I only ever made it 44 goals before I forgot about this list.... or maybe I just found it difficult to think up 101 creative/achievable goals for myself. The good thing is that I have, without consciously trying, been able check off some items! Some of the items are long-term and I wont be able to check them off until the end date, but I'm still chugging along on those as well.

I'm going to keep going with this list. And I'm also going to add to it. There are several items (mostly travel related)  that I don't think will happen within the time constraint, but many others will just take a little bit of initiative!

So here is the list:

1. Learn to shoot a handgun/shotgun (Checked off)
2. Drive across the country
3. Learn to sew
4. Have finished 300 books
5. Read the bible
6. Have a scrapbook page published
7. Learn to sail
8. Run a 5k race (checked off)
9. Write a book
10. Go wine tasting (checked off)
11. Hike Mount Si
12. Make bread from scratch (checked off)
13. Can peaches
14. Try out for Jeopardy!
15. Sing Karaoke
16. Learn to fly-fish
17. Have traveled to Ireland, Spain, Norway and France
18. Try a new recipe every week for a month (checked off)
19. Cook dinner every night for a week. No takeout.
20. Try being vegan (checked off)
21. Have photography displayed
22. Make my bed every morning
23. Be consistent with exercise
24. See the Daytona 500
25. Kiss the Blarney Stone
26. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
27. Made pasta from scratch
28. Visited Yosemite National Park
29. Lean all the President's names
30. Watch all the James Bond Movies.
31. Make fried green tomatoes
32. Maintain my blog
33. Invest $500 dollars a year in my IRA
34. Gone to Disneyland and Disneyworld again
35. Wash my car monthly
36. Make sleep a priority
37. Wake up every morning and do 100 sit-ups.
38. Have a successful garden every year.
39. Get out of my comfort zone more often
40. Watch more movies at home
41. Visit Scandinavia (Mostly checked off)
42. Go ice skating
43. Go on the Duck
44. Go to Seafair



No comments:

Post a Comment