Friday, July 15, 2011

Things are a Ch-Ch-Ch-Changing.

Well I declared it. I practically sung it from the roof tops.

SUMMER IS HERE!

I will now eat my words. (S's are very awkward to swallow...)

Maybe Summer was here.... for two exciting (work-filled) days.

But it left.

It left us longing for more.

Summer you little tease!

The clouds and sprinkles and mid-60's are here again. I think I need to double dose my vitamin d intake.... or just head for warmer weather.

Carly and I were just talking about how well the garden is doing despite the crappy weather.

Always the optimist I chimed in with, "Just imagine how great it would have been by now if we would have had a warm Summer."

Then we dreamt of the carrots, first round of beans, and the corn that we had to scrap in those first months.

But the glass is half full.

It's half full of lettuce.

No wait.

It is overflowing with lettuce.

If you need lettuce, let us know! (I love that sentence)


There are only a few Strawberries in my patch though... so I'm keeping those all to myself!

The garden has been one of my biggest preparers for getting really really muddy this weekend...

That's right! The Warrior Dash is this Sunday! I'm excited and nervous!

1 comment:

  1. The warrior dash looks like SO MUCH FUN! I would so have signed up with you if I ... lived in the same country.
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete