Sunday, July 17, 2011

I am a WARRIOR!!!!

GRrrrrr....I made a lot of warrior angry noises today.

For once in my life.... It was appropriate, so I took full advantage.

Today was the WARRIOR DASH!

The weather has been stuck in this gloomy grey fog for days now, but I must say that during the race I was grateful for the cloud cover.
Pre-Race! We look sooo clean!
Also... Check out the chopped off hair!
Spur of the moment decision there.
Clean Shoes!
What makes a great parent?! Showing up! They were always there for Soccer games, now they are always there for my silly races! Nicole's parent's are basically my second parents, check out the awesome signs Kim made!
Getting ready to dash!
You started out with about a mile and a half run. Easy? Well it would be if it weren't through farm land. I almost twisted my ankle five times.
The first obstacle was called the barricade breakdown. You had to climb over a series of walls that were chest high then crawl under barbed wire.
The second was a wooden barricade that was about 20 feet tall. Using a rope. Then climb down the other side.
Then came the junk yard. Climbing over tires and broken down cars.
Then you had to maneuver your way through ricocheting tires.
Possibly the hardest was the teetering traverse... basically a bunch of of 2x4's nailed together to make a balance beam. that is 5 feet off the ground. Easy right? well not when everything is muddy and slick... So scary!
Next was a net you had crawl across
Another scary one was the black out... crawling under a short tent through the mud. Worse than it sounds trust me.
Next up... Deadman's Drop. A wall half the size of the first wall we had to summit... only this time you just have to jump. Well I got to the top, realized what I had to do and did the only thing that would save my poor calves/shins... I tucked and I rolled! After barely making contact with my feet I rolled right into a makeshift summersault.
Next up was not even an official obstacle, but there was about a quarter mile of muddy gooey clay that was slippery and would suck up your shoes if you weren't careful! Took soo much energy to get through!
Remember that one resolution... something about being fearless?
Well I had to conquer sooo many fears during this race!
The biggie was definitely heights.
I don't even like climbing up step ladders.... much less 30 foot high net things!
This was the third to last obstacle and one that spectators could actually see.
Please observe the, "Oh shit what did I get myself into?!" face!
Going up is always easy... its the getting back down that I have issues with! 
Second to last obstacle! The flames are bigger than they look.

The mud pit was a lot harder than it looks! They had random pit holes that you would fall in up to your waist.
I didn't just survive. I conquered!

We all did! Go team!
Just a little bit muddy.

I donated my shoes...
We have some interesting warrior faces.

Something like that!
Excited for the free beer!
Cheers!

1 comment: