Monday, September 12, 2011

A lot can happen in 13 days....

I'm not sure that one of those things is going to be me becoming reading to RUN another half marathon! Thats right... I have 13 days until my next half in Bellingham. I went about training this time completely different than the first time around. By different I mean I didn't really do much training... Sure I ran (some) but beyond that I haven't really been completely committed to this race. Which now, 13 days before, makes me nervous and kinda sad! I'm still going to do it. I just don't know that I will do it as well as I did in June.... or that I will feel as good about it.

For the last race I ran regularly (through a lot of pain), I gave up coffee, alcohol, gluten, dairy and most junk food.

This time... I took a vacation to visit my friend Megan three weeks before the race and ran once, ate tons of pizza, frozen yogurt, coffee, alcohol, and more candy than I care to mention!

Since I've been hiking so much I know that I am in some shape.... but its different. At least I know I can walk the 13.1 miles! I'm doing this race with two of my best friends... and I don't think they have been training very much either so at least we will all be in the same boat!

Don't get me wrong here, I'm excited for the race... And I plan on giving it my all!

On a positive note... Since I've been running less I've been in less pain! The last two times I've been running I've manage 5 miles... next time I'll try 8. The 5 has felt good, I've just had to stop because of time restraints. And on an even more positive note, my pt called and my orthotics are in! I've been without them for almost a month because they were giving me blisters! Hopefully I can get used to them in time for race day!

I need some ideas here.... Last race my power color was purple, should I stick with it or switch it up? I think I'll stick with my mantra of, "conquer it!" worked so well last time around!

Hopefully I look this happy at the end of my next half!

No comments:

Post a Comment