Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's Catch Up.

Instead of feeling guilty about not blogging about my recent adventures.... I've decided to just do a little photo journaling about everything that I have been up to! It has been a busy busy few weeks with lots of adventures with family and friends. Mostly hiking, Mariners games and if you didn't already know..... IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! Which basically means that I will be a terrible blogger, friend, daughter, sister and cousin for the next few months. Don't say I didn't warn you, because when it comes to football season let's just say I'm intense!
Mt. Ellinor! August 8th
That's right.... AUGUST! Look at all this snow! We couldn't even make it to the top!
Mariners game for my brother's birthday!
That's what we call some rally hats!
Too bad they lost!
August 17th
One of the best hikes I've ever done!
Check out these wildflowers!
Middle of August is the best time for this hike.

On top!
The clouds engulfed us by the time we reached the top!
It was super eerie but sort of magical too.

August 25th Marmot Pass

More beautiful flowers!
This was the perfect day for a hike, completely blue skies and warm temperatures!

The pass!

After hiking over 5 miles we felt very accomplished at this point....
But there isn't too much of a view from the pass, so we decided to extend our hike by a thousand feet to get a better view!
Buckhorn Mountain!
A side trip with an amazing view.
You could see all the way from Vancouver Island to Mount Rainier!
So peaceful on top!
Ended up being about a 12 mile hike!

Mariner's game with Katy!
Thanks Boeing! The Mariner's still didn't come through with a win though.

The Kitsap County Fair!
Lots of fair food and my very first Rodeo!

Are you ready for some Football?!
My first ever preseason game!
September 2 vs. the Raiders
Great time and a Seahawks WIN! Wahoo!

Tubal Cain Mine/ Tull Canyon September 5th

This was a pretty easy hike until the last mile which felt pretty straight up!
This photo is of a B-17 plain crash that went down in the 50's.
I wish I could have appreciated this more but as we were walking out into the clearing I got stung by a bee!
My Dad, aunt and grandpa are all really allergic so I was nervous since I hadn't been stung since I was little.
Thankfully I'm not allergic!
There were also thousands of mosquitos up here in this swampy area.
It just got warm in Washington so now all the bugs are out!

So that is a taste of the recent happenings in my life!
Now that I have gotten caught up I can think about blogging more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment