Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Disconnect.

Ok, so I've been pretty out of it lately. The "it" being: reading and blogging. The only reason I am even moderately ok with this is because I have been fulfilling another one of my New Year's Resolutions! Traveling more! On Friday I got back from my Baltic Sea Cruise. It was amazing and I plan to tell more later, but first I want to vent about my lack of commitment to my 100 books goal. I'm only at 65. This isn't terrible and the goal is completely doable still, but I need to get my bum moving! In the past I have claimed that, "Everyone has time for reading if they just make the time!" I'm trying really hard not to eat my words right now. My plan to read like a mad woman on my trip went up in flames. I only read three books. I was gone for over two weeks. I had a solid 18 hrs of plane time and 4 days at sea and I read a measly three books. I'd be more disappointed in myself except two of said books were ones I knew would be time consumers. I brought these because we all know how I feel about the Kindle and traveling with actual books is heavy and airlines are really cracking down on weight limits. Anyways, the whole point of this post is just to bitch about my new found lack of motivation because I've been home since Friday and still only hacked 80 pages out of my current book. Then yesterday I went into my favorite local bookstore and I'll be honest, I felt cut off from my book world. I realized it had been over a month since I set foot in an actual book store! There were so many new faces (books) I almost didn't know what to do with myself! I've decided to take this as something exciting and set a weekly goal for myself to get connected again! Get reading. Get Blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes, good luck! I am really having trouble getting into Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...so many people who I trust have said it's awesome but I just can't get sucked in. It's probably because I have been too tired each time I have picked it up...

    ReplyDelete