Friday, February 19, 2010

Daily Thought

Every Monday through Friday I wake up to a Daily Thought in my email inbox. Sometimes they are clever and cute, but sometimes they are just plain inspirational. I love words. I love how you can use words that on their own seem plain, but strung together with other plain words creates something close to rapture. I think the same can be said about people. We all need other people in our lives to lean on and lift us up to be more than we are on our own.

Within the last week or so, I've been doing some soul searching, figuring out what things in my life I like and what things I want to change. Hence the waking up and repeating to myself "Today is my day, it is going to be good no matter what. I am a brilliant beautiful person." Also, I'm trying to given up swearing. I thought about giving it up for lent, but I feel like this should be more of a life long resolution and it is going to be a hard one. I swear unconsciously and often. I don't like this about myself so it has gone into the change column.

Something else that joins swearing in the 'bad Elisa' column is disorganization. I don't know what happened. In school my planner used to be color coded and scheduled down to the minute. But lately I have slipped. My to-do list that I have kept in my head has reached critical mass. If I don't have a visual reminder to do something, I tend to put something off until the last minute (if I haven't forgotten it completely). So I started a google calendar for both my personal life and my marketing director life. How come no one ever told me how wonderful google calendars are?!!! Talk about life changing. Not only can I share all my due dates with my entire committee, but I can upload their production calendar and see everything that is going on. They send reminders to my phone and email, they even stop what I'm typing to put a reminder up on my screen. So as long as I continue to remember to input my to-do lists this will help my organizational and be on time resolutions!!

But back to the daily quotes I have been receiving. I just want to share a few of my favorites:

“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment
is the only one you know you have for sure.”

-Oprah Winfrey


“Love is always bestowed as a gift―freely, willingly, and
without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.”

-Leo F. Buscaglia

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could

miss it.”

-Matthew Broderick as Ferris Buller, "Ferris Buller’s Day Off"


“You’ve got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the
morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another
choice.”

-Steven D. Woodhull

And nope! I don't have a book to report....

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I could also try to stop swearing...although I don't really dislike it enough to care I suppose haha.

    Last year when I started getting really busy with lessons Google calendar saved my life. Sorry I didn't say anything to you about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete